Call waiting can be enabled on any mobile from the default phone application on the smartphone. Before going into the steps, let us see what a call waiting feature is.
What is Call Waiting?
Call waiting is a feature in which if you enable it on your mobile, then you will get a notification tone while you making a call. The notification tone will be received when someone is calling you while you are already on another call.
Here, you will get a notification tone, while the calling person (second person) will hear a message saying you are already on another call and wait for some time. This feature is SIM dependent and can be enabled from the mobile itself.
Read: Why Android 9 Call Recorder App Doesn’t Work Properly?
So, let ‘s see how we can enable the ‘call waiting’ feature on the latest Android 9 P mobile. In this, we are having the Google Phone app as the default phone application and let see how we can enable it.
- Step 1: Click on the phone dialer application
- Step 2: Click on the menu option (3 dots over the top)
- Step 3: Then click on Settings
- Step 4: From the settings option, click on the calling accounts
- Step 5: In the next page, you can see the list of SIM cards on the mobile, if it is a single SIM handset or you have only one SIM on the mobile, then you can see one SIM option. Otherwise, 2 SIM will be listed.
- Step 6: Click on the SIM name, on which you wish to enable the ‘call waiting’ facility.
- Step 7: In the next page, click on the Call settings.
- Step 8: Again, on the next page, click on the Additional settings.
- Step 9: In the next window, you can see the Call waiting option, enable it if it is disabled.
Read: How to Turn On and Off Gesture Navigation on Android Pie Mobile ?
Done, If you want to disable it, proceed with the same steps and disable it from the additional settings option in the call settings menu.