Call waiting can be enabled on any mobile from the default phone application on the smartphone. Before going into the steps, let us see what a call waiting feature is.
What is Call Waiting?
Call waiting is a feature in which if you enable it on your mobile, then you will get a notification tone while you making a call. The notification tone will be received when someone is calling you while you are already on another call.
Here, you will get a notification tone, while the calling person (second person) will hear a message saying you are already on another call and wait for some time. This feature is SIM dependent and can be enabled from the mobile itself.
So, let ‘s see how we can enable the ‘call waiting’ feature on the latest Android 9 P mobile. In this, we are having the Google Phone app as the default phone application and let see how we can enable it.
- Step 1: Click on the phone dialer application
- Step 2: Click on the menu option (3 dots over the top)
- Step 3: Then click on Settings
- Step 4: From the settings option, click on the calling accounts
- Step 5: In the next page, you can see the list of SIM cards on the mobile, if it is a single SIM handset or you have only one SIM on the mobile, then you can see one SIM option. Otherwise, 2 SIM will be listed.
- Step 6: Click on the SIM name, on which you wish to enable the ‘call waiting’ facility.
- Step 7: In the next page, click on the Call settings.
- Step 8: Again, on the next page, click on the Additional settings.
- Step 9: In the next window, you can see the Call waiting option, enable it if it is disabled.
Done, If you want to disable it, proceed with the same steps and disable it from the additional settings option in the call settings menu.
Vipin is a Programmer who loves blogging and used to do research on new things. He loves to share those information through this blog. You can contact him via email [email protected]