Aadhaar number is being used as one of the main identification numbers for various programs in India now. Almost all the residents in the country now have the aadhaar number and the aadhaar card with them. Unlike other identification cards in the country, Aadhaar doesn’t require a physical copy of the card all the time.
One can remember his/her aadhaar number and can be used for verification via biometrics. In another way, users can keep a digital copy of the Aadhaar card called the E Aadhaar so that the same can be used for verification as like a physical card including the popular e-KYC that is available in the country now.
Last time, we mentioned how to download and find the password for E Aadhaar. Now, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) made it available for Android mobile users with an application called AadhaarApp. This app will provide the users with almost all the facility that the UIDAI website offers. Users can download their aadhar card on their mobile, verify their mobile, verify the email, etc.
The app requires users to register with their mobile number hence aadhaar card can be downloaded by aadhaar number only. The new application is entirely different from the previous version of the application called mAadhaar. mAadhaar app is still available and users can use the app for keeping the Aadhaar as a digital verification document in their mobile. But here we are going to see how we can download aadhaar in PDF format and use the aadhaar password to view it.
How to register to AadhaarApp?
- Download the latest version of the application from the Google Play store.
- Once installed, open the application and in the first screen give your mobile number to register.
- Next, you will receive an OTP on your mobile. Enter the OTP in the next screen to complete the registration.
- Once the registration is completed, you will be taken to the home screen where you can see different options including Download Aadhaar option.
Note: Once you register to the application, you should do it with the same mobile number that is linked with your aadhaar number. Otherwise, you will not able to downlaod your aadhar card.
How to Download aadhaar card on mobile using Aadhaar App?
- Click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option from the Home screen.
- In the next screen, you need to enter 12 digit aadhaar number and fill the security captcha.
- Then click on the ‘GET OTP’ button.
- In the next window, you need to enter the OTP received on your mobile for downloading aadhaar card.
- Then click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- Done, now an E-copy of your aadhaar card will be automatically downloaded to your mobile. The e-copy is a pdf version of Aadhaar card and it requires a password to open.
The password to open E-Aadhaar Card
The password for your downloaded digital copy of aadhaar card is an 8 character password. The password is a combination of your name and year of birth. First 4 characters will be the first 4 letters of your name and last 4 characters is your year of Birth. Note that the characters should be in UPPERCASE (Capital letters).
Eg: If your name is Ram Kumar and year of birth is 1985, then the password is ‘RAMK1985’
If the name is Kumar Mohan and year of birth is 1980, the password is ‘KUMA1980’
If the name is C. Menon and year of birth is 1978, the password will be ‘C.ME1978’
If the name is TOM and year of birth is 1990, the password will be ‘TOM1990’ (If the name printed is less than 4 characters, you need to enter the available characters only)
Why Aadhaar App is not opening?
There are some cases in which the aadhaar app will not work.
The aadhaar service is now available for the residents if India, so the aadhaar app and the aadhaar website will be work from India only. You need to connect to their services from an Indian IP.
If the internet connection is very slow, then also there is a chance for connectivity issues.
Vipin is a Programmer who loves blogging and used to do research on new things. He loves to share those information through this blog. You can contact him via email [email protected]