WSAPPX is a process that runs in the background on your Windows 8 and 10 as a part of the Windows Store and the universal app platform of Microsoft. If you want to install, update, or uninstall your store app, then you would be able to use this process. Do you want to know more about WSAPPX? If yes is your answer, then here you would come to know about everything related to WSAPPX for sure.
It is a software process by using which you would be able to handle the new universal apps and Windows store. You should note that the windows store is also called the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 and 8. If you are using Windows 7 and earlier versions, then you would not be able to get the modern apps.
Also, you can see this process on those Windows versions for sure. But you can take the help of the Task Manager. For doing this, you just have to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and then select the processes button. Now you need to scroll down for the further steps.
It would be better for you to understand that the process has mainly two sub-processes. You can easily check out this process in the task manager for sure. The users of Windows 8 can select a subprocess named WSService. It is also possible to call it to the Windows Store service. The users of Windows 10 will get the ClipSVC process. This process is known as short for client license service.
AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC)
This is related to the store apps which you can check out in AppX packages. You can take the help of this process to install, uninstall, or even update all your store apps easily without any hassle for sure.
You should note that the store apps will get updated automatically by windows in the background and you do not have to perform anything manually from your side later on. You can also check the traditional Windows desktop apps using the CPU resources and disk.
You can even check the traditional Windows desktop apps are using the CPU resources and disk at the time of updating, removing, or installing them. If you are working with the Store apps, then you can notice the AppXSVC is utilizing the resources.
Most of the time, you can notice the process is running, even if you are not going to install any apps. It will happen because Windows is updating them in the background.
Client License Service (ClipSVC)
The Client License service will handle the “infrastructure support” in your Windows 10 for the store. It also handles the license management and allows you to run merely. It is an anti-piracy feature and offers several benefits without giving any issues at all.
Windows Store Service (WSService)
With the help of WSService, you would be able to handle “infrastructure support” on windows 8. The procedure of working is the same as the ClipSVC. You are not going to get the service if you are using Windows 10.
Why WSAPPX uses many resources?
At the time of using the Microsoft store, in most cases, you can check out the WSAPPX in active mode. First, you should go to the Microsoft store and then browse to begin the process. It takes more resources at the time of downloading an app or updating an app.
Vital steps to stop store Apps from automatically updating
Do you want to disable automatic updates for store apps? If yes is your answer, then here you would come to know about the vital steps you need to follow for doing this.
- The first step is you should type store into the start menu
- After doing this, you should go to the Microsoft Store entry and open it
- Now you have to tap on the three-dot menu icon and it will be available in the top-right of the screen
- Next, you must select the settings option
- After selecting the settings menu, you need to toggle the updates apps automatically slider to the off button.
- Now the automatic update process will be stopped and you need to do it manually from your end. For checking the updates, you should tap on the Menu button again. After doing this, you should choose the Downloads and updates option. You can also check on the Get updates button to check about the existing updates. Then, you should install them if you want to later on.
Removing Bloatware and Stopping Background Apps
If you are not willing to disable auto-updates, then it is the right time to follow a few steps to stop store apps running process
- The first step is to remove the bloatware apps from your computer
- After removing the apps from your Windows 10, you would be able to notice pre-installed junks there.
- If you haven’t used these apps before, then you do not have to update those apps in the background later on.
- Just go to the settings menu
- Now go to the Apps option and click on it.
- After clicking on it, you need to click on the “Apps & Features” option. Now you have to browse all the installed things on your computer
- At last, you can tap on the app and then uninstall it completely.
You can even take the help of another process to stop apps from running in the background. For doing this, you should go to the setting option. After choosing the setting options, you should go to the Privacy option. Now you need to go to the Background apps for the toggling process.
If you are eager to disable Windows Store in Windows 10, then you can follow the below-mentioned process
- You should click on the Windows-key. Then, you need to type gpedit. MSC and tap on the enter button
- Now you should navigate to Local Computer Policy and click on Computer configuration.
- After disabling the store on your computer, the process will be disabled.