PDF files are an integral part of our daily work life. It doesn’t matter if it’s for business or personal use. An open-source PDF editor helps you to edit a PDF file at zero cost easily. It’s a useful tool that allows anyone to edit, i.e., add or detach any text, graphics, images, logos, fill out forms, and more.
Having an open-source PDF with no cost has become the most popular and on-demand software in this fast-paced world. It is always a bonus if the software is available at minimal to no cost. Open source PDF editors are easy to use and always reliable.
Open Source PDF editor & Reader
Once you download a PDF Editor, the software should be installed, and the related settings have to be configured on the personal computer, desktop, and laptop. The whole procedure is time-consuming and complicated at the same time. Sometimes, to get the service, a monthly or yearly subscription is the only solution.
In today’s world of technology, working and editing PDF files has become a necessity. Open-source PDF software allows you to modify PDF files quickly and effortlessly. Open-source PDF Editors allow users to edit their respective PDF files without paying a single penny. Open-source PDF Editors are simple to use and help complete tasks quickly without taking a lot of time as other PDF editors do.
Features of the Best Open Source PDF Reader & Editors
Many PDF editors are available for users to efficiently work, edit and create a PDF file without a fee. We have compiled the best PDF Editors that are available for people to download
Inkscape is an excellent PDF Editor to work with. Compared to other PDF editors, Inkscape offers many features. Inkscape is one of the few PDF Editors that uses Vector rendering technology to edit your PDF files easily. Inkscape is available both as an app and as a web extension.
Features of Inkscape
- It is designed with a user-friendly interface in mind.
- It is available both as an app and as a web extension.
- The PDF editor feature is super easy to use.
- Not only JPG or JPEG, but you can also add images in PNG format and work seamlessly.
Apache OpenOffice Draw
You can get a user-friendly, open-source PDF editor that works really well with the help of an Apache OpenOffice Draw. It comes with the best tools to read, write and conveniently edit PDFs. Removing or adding text, images, dealing with graphics, inserting URLs, or anything that has to do with editing PDF files can be done quickly. You don’t have to be pro to use these PDF Editing tools.
Features of Apache OpenOffice Draw
- Apache OpenOffice Draw supports multiple formats.
- Adding or creating charts using Apache Open office has become easier than ever before.
- The signature feature of Apache OpenOffice Draw is its spell check ability. It helps to get rid of spelling errors and modify the PDF quickly. It makes the file genuine and professional.
One of the best open-source PDF editors is PDFSam. It’s a simple but powerful PDF editor that lets you merge or split PDFs and edit your files in any way you want. It also helps to swap multiple numbered PDF files. You can easily alter and change pages in a PDF that comes with multiple pages. The process is not complicated at all. This open-source PDF editor runs on any device that supports Java runtime without any hassle.
Features of PDFSam
- With PDFSam, you can directly edit, modify and create the entire PDF without taking a lot of time
- It also helps to rearrange PDF pages seamlessly in any order
- PDFSam enables you to split and merge PDFs and the respective pages with ease and perfection.
LibreOffice Draw PDF Editor
LibreOffice Draw Editor is inevitable in the world of open-source PDF editing software. This software embeds all the features that are required to meet the simple goal of editing a pdf. Similar to Microsoft Office, LibreOffice Draw Editor is easy to use.
Features of LibreOffice
- This PDF editor allows you to make changes to your PDF in a way that anyone can understand, regardless of their educational experience
- Attaching, detaching, adding or deleting pages is easy like never before.
- This PDF Editor helps you to modify the text, images, and URLs easily
Scribus is another open-source PDF editor software that works as a Desktop Publishing application (DTP). It is a free PDF editor software with a GPL license. It is compatible with all operating systems like Linux, Unix, BSD, Microsoft Windows, macOS, Haiku, OS/2, and eComStation operating systems.
Features of Scribus
- Scribus allows you to create animated and interactive PDF presentations and forms.
- This open-source PDF editor supports PDF/X- 3 specifications.
- It supports JS forms and offers export options
Drawbacks of Open Source PDF Editors
Even though open-source PDF editors are user-friendly and pocket-friendly, paid software that requires subscriptions to edit PDF files is richer and offers more functionality than open-source PDF editors. Hence, paying for good service is a necessity. It is the only way to get the optimum service that a software has to offer.
An open-source PDF editor is the quickest and easiest way to edit and modify a PDF file. The best thing is that creating error-free PDF files does not require any money or going through complex user interfaces to edit a PDF file. There is much software available to edit PDF files. But the software mentioned above is very good at editing PDF files. You can find all these applications available for both Windows and Mac.