We are living in a century where the Internet has become an essential part of living. We can’t imagine a day without the Internet. Population and human Intelligence are always challenging cybersecurity. When the challenge extent the limit, It commits a crime. People need privacy, and it’s as crucial as a lock of the door. According to the experts, data is the most costly thing in the ’20s. It’s our responsibility to maintain the privacy of our data.
So there are some basic concepts that you should know and follow to be safe from cyber-attacks and enhance the security level.
- Don’t use an unknown source of the Internet – Several times we connect to WiFi using an open or an unknown Internet source. You should know that your Internet provider can analyze your data. It may also be an attempt to crack your Internet security by a hacker. In this case, your real data can be read and modified. So you are recommended to only use the trusted source of the Internet.
- Never login to your social sites through a referred link – The link which looks the same as your social site may be a modified link that is made to collect login data from you. So it’s recommended not to log in to your social sites through any referral / unknown link. Always login through visiting the site either by searching or entering the URL of the website in your browser.
- Never put your personal information in unnecessary e-forms – e-forms are in trend for collecting data. E-forms have replaced physical forms. Almost every organization uses e-form to collect information from the people. Some people submit some of their personal information, which is not shareable. People also put information on unnecessary e-forms, Which should be stopped. You should fill the e-forms which is necessary and mark if asking for not shareable information as ATM no. etc.
- Permission to an installed application – Nowadays it has become a great place for leaking information. Some applications take permission to access different things on your phone. Note down, If you are installing a racing game and that asks you permission to access your camera, where it’s not necessary. Then there may be something wrong. It would help if you cross-checked what application you install and what all permission you give to those applications.
- Don’t use or log in to your accounts through another device – There are options available to save/remember login details while logging in through an account or to a new site. There may be some special commands to the device you are using to track your browsing. So don’t use other devices to access the Internet. If you are doing so, cross-check all the settings before you use them.
These are a few tips you should keep in mind to be safe from cyber-attacks. I recommend you to be updated with technology and scams that are going on so that you can’t be cheated easily.
You may also read