Google Adsense is one of the main source of advertisement used in most of the websites from long time. In India Google now limited their payout only through direct bank transfer. Previously Google had mainly two way of payment, one is by direct bank transfer and second is by Cheques.
But because of some reasons, google only making the payment via bank transfer now. The transfer can be made to any bank account in India, however there are some configuration needed. This makes some people confused. The most important thing is the SWIFT BIC Code.
How to Add Bank Account In Google Adsense ?
From your Google Adsense account, go to the Payment section. In the payment section, click on the Add Payment Method.
In the new page, you can provide the details of your back account. Please see the screenshot below. It is not necessary to fill all the fields. The necessary fields are following
- Name on the Bank Account – There provide your name as seen on your bank account. It is recommended that, your name on the bank account and the name on the Google Adsense should be same.
- Bank Name – Name of your bank (eg: State Bank of India, ICICI HDFC etc.)
- IFSC Code – Here you need to provide the IFSC code of your bank.
- SWIFT BIC – Here, provide the SWIFT code of your Bank. If you cant find the code, then contact your local bank for the same. (Note all the banks does not have SWIFT BIC code. In that case please see the below method)
- Account Number – Provide your account number here.
- Re-type Account Number – Here enter the account number once more.
What is SWIFT BIC Code ?
SWIFT Code is the international code that used to identify each back for international or overseas transactions. Since Google is making the payment from outside India, SWIFT code is necessary to get the payment.
How to receive payment if my Bank Doesn’t have SWIFT BIC Code ?
As i mentioned above, all the banks in India does not have the SWIFT BIC code. For eg. State Bank of India is the largest bank in India. SBI also have number of branches in each states too. But of we consider any state, out of 100s or 200s of branches in a state, only 20 or 30 branches will have the Swift BIC code.
So, the branch that have the SWIFT BIC code only can receive payment from outside the country. If your branch doesn’t have the SWIFT feature, no need to worry. Still you can receive the payment in your local bank.
In that case, find the nearest branch in your area which have the SWIFT feature and find the code of that bank (branch). In your Google Adsense, provide that SWIFT Code. That it. Your are now done with it.
Now, you can receive payment directly to your local bank account. It is not necessary that, your local bank have SWIFT feature. If the SWIFT feature is unavailable in your bank, then provide the nearest banks (branches) swift code.
Note: The SWIFT Code you provide must be from the same bank, If your bank account is SBI, then you can use the SWIFT code of any nearest SBI branch.