The blue check or simply blue tick mark is the mark of genuineness of an Instagram account by which your Instagram account will get verified. A verified Instagram account is essential today but it is also a challenge to get it. To know more about it, it is required that you know the basics and start by knowing how to get and why it is so important to get Instagram verification.
Making a social media account may be very quick and easy but it is required to make it authentic and likeable by the other people. Herein is the challenge in getting a verified blue tick for your Instagram account:
- It is very difficult to determine whether or not people are really fond of your account since there is no magic formula or any definite metric for it.
- Moreover, it is required to convey through your account that you are really the one who you say you are.
- In addition to that, you must also know that people are really following your account and not any other. This is especially required in your account is related to your business because the kit will help you to know the competition level.
The only way to determine the genuineness of an Instagram account is to have a verification badge. For different social media platforms, this official symbol may vary but for Instagram, it is actually a blue checkmark that appears beside the profile name of the account, personal or business brand.
This verification badge will confirm that the account is verified by Instagram and whether it is for a celebrity, a public figure, or a business brand, it is legitimate. This small yet useful checkmark will play a very significant role and create a big difference when it comes to building better brand awareness or increasing the number of followers to a specific Instagram account.
The chief social platforms that verify their accounts of brands, public figures, individuals and celebrities are:
The verification badge has specific physiognomies that make it unique and so important. Some of the attributes of this blue check mark are:
- It appears in all searches
- It also appears when any comment is posted by the account owner in it as well
- This badge of verification distinguishes each account from the other
- It signifies that the official profile of the business or the person is authentic
- It prevents an account from being impersonated which is a big risk for any business brand and even for the celebs and most importantly
- The blue checkmark will assure that the account is found by the users more easily and therefore help the business brand or the celebrity to grow their fan following.
It is for all these reasons these verified accounts are so important and exclusive for all public figures, celebs and business brands especially those that operate on a global scale.
If you are wondering how do you get the blue check on Instagram to rest assured that you will find that amongst all other platforms, attaining your Instagram verification is supposed to be most challenging and difficult. But if you know the right process, it will seem a very easy process.
Overcoming the challenge
However, the reason that most Instagram account holders find getting their Instagram account verified so challenging is that there are no specific notifications by the company as to how you can that blue check in your Instagram account. There is no magic formula to get it. All you have to do is gather a bit of knowledge about it and get yourself ready for the application process.
Well, you can apply for it now that Instagram has allowed the general public to request for their account verification directly to this most popular photo-sharing platform. It means this is not a privilege for the celebs anymore.
How to get a blue check on Instagram
Now we are looking into how to get a blue tick option activated on your Instagram Account. You will first have to make sure that you know and meet with the terms and conditions of the company to get your Instagram account verified.
Once you know that you will need to get authentic photo identification of yourself that is issued by the government such as a driver’s license or your passport. For business brands, you will need the legal documents of business registration and others.
When you are ready with these, you will need to follow a few simple steps to get your account verified. These are:
- Logging into your account
- Going to the settings
- Clicking on the request verification tab
- Filling up the requisite form with your name written in full
- Attaching the valid Id proofs and
- Click on the submit button.
You will have to wait for your account to be verified as Instagram will review your application before giving it the sought after blue check mark.
Chances of denial
At this point, you must know that all Instagram account holders who may apply for a verification badge may not get it. It is another challenge that a few such applications may be denied by the company. It all depends on the requirements and policy of Instagram.
However, Instagram will be nice and kind enough to notify you in the notification tab whether or not the verification request of your account is accepted or denied.
There are various reasons for which your account verification request can be denied. If you follow these tips it will be easy for you to overcome this challenge as well.
Know the list of Instagram verification requirements and follow it to the last word. It will include:
- Compliance of your account with the community guidelines and terms of service that governs the type of contents you can post
- Representing a real and authentic person
- Ensuring the unique presence of the person or entity represented
- Ensuring that it is a public and not a private account
- Ensuring that the account is complete and does not promote social media services.
All the time, you must ensure that your account represents a noteworthy or a well-known person to meet with the most fickle requirement of Instagram: level of notoriety. Therefore, smaller and local brands may not make the cut as easily as global brands.
Here are a few other articles that you may read next
- How to Get More Instagram likes for More Self-Esteem
Essential Social Media Monitoring Features You Need To Have
How to Get More Likes on Instagram?
Karen is a Business Tech Analyst. She is very responsible for her job. She loves to share her knowledge and experience with her friends and colleagues.