Photo Editing is always one of the most needed thing now a days. Social Media posting and other website editing are all required every time. Many prefers to have some editing application on their pc to get the work done, where as some other prefers to use online editor. Even though there are some limitation with the online editor, there are advantage also. For those who uses different PC frequently and also looking for a less resource using service, in all those case Online editor is a good choice.
Fotor.com is known as a powerful online editing suite utilizing the technology to put forward an unprecedented level of editing and control for everyone. Apart from Fotor’s collage and editing features, Fotor has introduced a new ‘design’ feature to help non-professional and professionals as well to design any graphics content from their mind’s eye and the best part is it’s free. So if you are a newbie and don’t want to splurge for expensive graphic and editing applications or just want an undemanding quick edit you can always come back at Fotor and confer light touch-ups and make any of piece as per your creativity.
Let us see in detail about Fotor.com and the features that provides.
Look and feel
As soon as you click to Fotor website, the home page opens up to reveal beautiful pastel background with few elements elevating its feels like a laptop, mouse, a greeting card, pen, and few more pieces. This background speaks out the zenith of thought used to build the first page. It is stated on the first page itself that Fotor has above 3 million users.
On the top left side lies photos icon and on the right side top up there are few options-
- Sign in
As you click on the features icon, there are few options of the template, clip art, design, basic edits, effects, beauty, collage, HDR, text frames, and banner maker. These features are very simple to use and even if you’re new to the editing world you can still use these features with ease. If you are creative enough you can also create a logo hassle-free with these features.
You can choose from multiple languages if you are not comfortable with English. You can translate your language preference and make the course of action easier for you.
Saving up your work by signing in with your email or Facebook is another element for an easy-breezy experience and you can always come back anytime and re-edit the piece as per your liking and won’t have to spare extra space in your phone or computer for storing any apps as such.
Now the center aligned unveils three features-
- Edit a Photo
- Make a collage
- Create a Design
When you click on edit a photo it directly takes you its editing page where you can edit your images like you normally would using features like a magic clipper, crop, rotate or add some extra effects, it also allows vignetting component or add-up some beauty effects or frames or stickers to your piece. You can also add text on your pictures and what not.
Next comes the option of making a collage, where you can add up multiple pictures and make it in one frame.
In creating a Design option you are provided with multiple designs and template which you can choose from and make it personalized. If you are unaware of the sizing of the graphic content you are going for Fotor’s premade templates helps you in that and allows you to make an outstanding aesthetically pleasing graphic without much hassle. It’s premade templates include LinkedIn covers, logo, banner, gift certificates, youtube thumbnails, flyers, tickets, programme cards, label, book covers, album covers, facebook ad mediums, etc. The options are endless and overwhelming.
It also has videos made up on their website which allows you to have a small overview of the website and also how it can be used. It is like a small guide walking you through the website.
The whole website is aesthetically very pleasing as well as effortless to use. The website can not totally omit the need for a professional application but does a fairly good job in making it as convenient as it can be.
Fotor is also available for windows and mac, so in case you don’t have access to internet all the time in your PC or laptop you can always download the offline version and not miss a beat. Fotor also provides IOS and Android application for mobile editing.
As the website claims it is critically acclaimed by underwritten-
- It is claimed to be the 2nd generation of digital media image enhancer and designer after Photoshop by BBC News
- Fotor makes quick work of photo editing task online by Lifehacker.
- And TUAW states that it is very easy and simple and intuitive to use.
- Basic edit adjustment
- Basic photo effects
- Basic portrait touch up
- Classic contents (collage, templates etc.) to start with
- Edit and save your work in basic formats
- Basic HDR Tech
- Sync photos and works in Fotor Cloud
Fotor Pro Version
Fotor provides free editing, where as some of the features requires subscription and you can upgrade the free subscription to Fotor Pro at any time. Subscription can be made anually or monthly.
Fotor monthly subscription cost $8.99 per month where as annual subscription cost only $39.99, which gives a discount rate of $3.33 per month.
Fotor Pro Features
Other than the basic features available in the Free Version, pro version provides additional features such as
- Ad free
- Uninterrupted, refined editing without unnecessary distraction
- Advanced editing features
- Professional editing features for perfect editing
- Exclusive 100+ photo effects
- Hundreds of artistically designed photographic effect
- Advanced portrait touch up
- Professional touch ups tools and more makeup tools
- Unique and updated Edit content
- 30+ stylized photo frames
- 1000+ custom designed stickers (Online only)
- Artistically designed backgrounds and textures
- 100+ exquisite collage templates
- Unique and updated Design content
- 1000+ custom designed stickers
- Artistically designed backgrounds and textures
- 1000+ design templates dimensions streamlined for any usage
- Advanced design features
- More design options for convient designing such as auto resizing
- Advanced HDR Tech
- High definition HDR technologies for the best possible finish
- Massive storage in Fotor Cloud
- Massive storage in Fotor Cloud to store more photos and gain easy access
After all the facts, Fotor is still an amazing website for touching up images or creating graphical contents, without much hassle or knowledge about editing. It’s just like scribbling on your paint book, it is as simple as that. I wonder if the free version is delivering so much what the pro version would experience like? Seems like worth a shot. You won’t regret it. Why don’t you give it a try and experience the pro version for yourself?
- Canvas – Best Free Photo Editor Tool
- VidPaw Review – Best and Simple YouTube Video and MP3 Downloader
- How To Fix the Drag and Drop Problem in Photoshop