Google’s latest version of Android, the Android 7.0 Nougat got officially released yesterday. As scheduled earlier the company officially announced the release of their latest version of Android along with the Android 7 website. The new version is the successor of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The company also announced that the new version will start rolling out for the Nexus devices from today onwards.
The main feature of the new Android Nougats are:
- Performance: New JIT compiler for faster updates, VR mode, and Vulkan API support.
- Battery & data: Doze on the go for better battery management and new data saver for restricting data usage for background apps.
- Productivity: Split-screen mode, picture-in-picture, and double tap to quickly switch.
- Notifications: Bundled notifications, direct reply, and notification controls.
- System usability improvements: Customizable quick settings, redesigned quick settings bar, redesigned Settings, emergency information, and lockscreen wallpaper.
- Emoji: Unicode 9 emoji
- Privacy and security: New direct boot, seamless software updates (for new devices), file-based encryption, and scoped folder access.
- Device setup and migration: More settings are no covered by Android Backup.
- Internalization: Multiple locales support, new languages, and new language preferences.
- Accessibility: Accessibility settings are now part of the setup, customizable display size, accessibility mono output, and variable text to speech speed.
- Android for Work: New work mode lets you turn off notifications from work apps.
Earlier, Nokia also reveled their upcoming new Android Powered handset which will run on Android 7.0 Nougat. As we check the history of Android Operating system, Google is constantly updating its OS to make it better in each new release and give users a good experience, which makes it so acceptable and to compete with Apple’s IOS too.
|Alpha||1.0||23 September 2008||Test Version|
|Beta||1.1||9 February 2009||Test Version|
|Cupcake||1.5||27 April 2009||First Mobile Version|
|Donut||1.6||15 September 2009||Updated Version|
|Eclair||2.0 – 2.1||26 October 2009||Updated Version|
|Froyo||2.2 – 2.2.3||20 May 2010||Updated Version|
|Gingerbread||2.3 – 2.3.7||6 December 2010||Most Successful Version|
|Honeycomb||3.0 – 3.2.6||22 February 2011||Updated Version|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0 – 4.0.4||18 October 2011||Updated Version|
|Jelly Bean||4.1 – 4.3.1||9 July 2012||Another Mostly used version|
|KitKat||4.4 – 4.4.4||31 October 2013||Most used version|
|Lollipop||5.0 – 5.1.1||12 November 2014||Most used version|
|Marshmallow||6.0 – 6.0.1||5 October 2015||Currently used Version|
|Nougat||7.0||22 August 2016||Latest Version|
Vipin is a Programmer who loves blogging and used to do research on new things. He loves to share those information through this blog. You can contact him via email [email protected]