Finally, Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 users got the good news, the popular Stock Android smartphone from Asus now started receiving the official beta version of the latest Android 10 update. The update is not stable now and is not available to all the users from the update settings.
However, if you want your device to run on the latest Android 10 operating system, you can update manually without any tricks. The main highlight of the latest Android 10 update is the gesture-based navigation and the in-build dark mode.
Here we will look at how you can install the latest Android 10 Beta Update on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- Step 1: Download the full OTA update package from the official Asus website. You can download the update by clicking the link below. You can download the zip file either on your mobile or desktop.
- Step 2: Once the file is downloaded, copy the file to the root of your SD card or the Internal memory. Better to copy the file to the SD card.
- Step 3: After copying the file, you need to restart your device. Once the mobile got booted back, the system will automatically detect the update and you will get a notification saying the update was detected.
- Step 4: Click on the notification and update the device. It will take few minutes to complete the update and after reboot, your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 will be updated to the latest Android 10.
Note: The details here mentioned is about the beta version of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 which was released in the begining of 2020. Now Asus started rolling out the stable version of Android 10. Berfore downloading the beta version, please check the details about the stable version here.
Important things to remember before doing the update
It is noted that the latest update is still in beta version and hence you may find some bugs or issues, however being a public beta version, it worth using.
But the most important thing here is before you start updating the device please make sure you have removed the device lock settings like PIN, Password, Pattern, etc.
The update sometime causes a device lock which in which you will not be able to unlock the device after the update. here the case that we experience after the update.
We also update the device as mentioned above, however after reboot, the system asked the pattern which we used before, but after the Android 10 update, the pattern was gone or got some error in the system. The device was unable to identify the pattern we used and we got locked. The only step here was to hard reset the device from the recovery menu. Then we freshly configured the system. And we lost all the data on the phone.
So, we highly recommend removing all the security lock on your phone before the update. Once the phone is booted back on the new OS, you can add your patter, PIN, password, etc.
You may also read
- Android 10 Features – A Quick Look at the New Possibilities
- Google Android Q Beta Update Features and List of Supporting Smartphones
- How to Enable and Disable Data Roaming on Android Mobile Phone
Vipin is a Programmer who loves blogging and used to do research on new things. He loves to share those information through this blog. You can contact him via email [email protected]