TikTok is a short-form video-sharing social media platform that has taken the world by storm. It has over 1 billion monthly active users and is popular among teenagers for making and sharing lip-syncing, dancing, comedy, and talent videos.
TikTok is a vast library of photos and video content, and no wonder why the young generation is crazy about it. The application has various features, and ‘Repost’ is one of the newly added. Recently in 2022, TikTok added the ‘Repost’ button allowing users to share videos that someone else has uploaded. But the question is, ‘How to Repost in TikTok’?
The Repost feature in TikTok is similar to the ones in other social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, etc. However, since the new TikTok Reposting feature, some users can find it a bit challenging. Therefore to help with that, we have brought you all the information regarding ‘Reposting in TikTok.’ Reposting TikTok videos is an excellent way to increase engagement, gain views and interact with your followers. The best part is that even when you share something new, you still credit the original creator without getting into the copyright issue.
So, let’s start with the comprehensive guide on ‘How to Repost on TikTok?
Repost on TikTok – Step-By-Step Method
Reposting on TikTok may seem tricky for a new user, but the process is even simpler than you may think. Here’s how you can repost on TikTok within no time:
- Firstly, launch the TikTok App and find the video you want to share.
- Once you have found the video you want to share, locate the ‘Arrow Icon’ (Share icon) and tap on it.
- Next, a ‘Send to’ menu will pop up, and you need to tap on the yellow ‘Repost’ icon. Users reposting on TikTok for the first time will receive a pop-up explaining what Reposting does.
- Lastly, once you have reposted the TikTok video from your account, your profile picture will appear above the original video creator’s name. However, your followers will be able to see that the video is reposted and you haven’t originally uploaded it. The original uploader, too, will receive a notification of you sharing their video. This will happen in the case when another user reposts your video on TikTok.
Note: When users decide to repost a TikTok video, the video is likely to appear in their followers’ feeds. A reposted video can only be seen by the user’s friends and is limited to the accounts the user follows.
How to Undo a Repost on TikTok?
Almost every video on TikTok can be reposted, and you can also undo every TikTok repost from your feed. There could be many reasons why a user would want to undo a repost on TikTok. Whether you have reposted a video by mistake, maybe the content isn’t going with your profile, or so on, the reasons can be numerous.
Here’s how you can easily undo a repost on TikTok/ Remove a reposted video from your TikTok account:
- Firstly, launch the TikTok app on your smartphone and navigate to the video you reposted.
- Here, all you need to do is, tap on the ‘Share’ icon, and from the ‘Send to’ menu, tap on the ‘Remove Repost’ icon.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear on your smartphone’s screen, asking whether you want to confirm the removal. Simply confirm the removal, and the video will be un-shared from your TikTok profile. Your followers will no longer be able to see it.
How to deactivate the Repost feature on TikTok
However, if you tend to repost videos you don’t want to share unintentionally, you can easily disable the repost feature.
- Simply go to your Profile and click on the three dots.
- Then tap on Settings and Privacy option and choose Privacy.
- Now locate the Repost option and toggle off beside it to deactivate it.
Repost on TikTok- Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I repost on TikTok?
Repost is perhaps the most talked about feature for TikTok users lately. However, there are a lot of TikTok users who are coming forward with the concern stating they are unable to repost on the app. Here are some of the common reasons why you aren’t able to repost on TikTok.
- Users who haven’t updated to the newest version of TikTok may be unable to use the Repost feature. Make sure you constantly update the TikTok app on your phone to get access to all its latest features and upgrades.
- The Repost feature on TikTok is probably yet to be unveiled in your region. Though TikTok rolled out the Repost feature universally, if you can’t use it, maybe you need to wait for some time.
- In case you can’t repost some specific videos on TikTok, chances are that the original video uploader has restricted the same. A TikTok user can always freeze the option to share or repost their videos, ensuring the original content remains in their feed.
- If you cannot Repost a TikTok video despite seeing the Repost option, clear the app’s cache and try again. Or you can also contact the TikTok Support team for added help.
Can people see if you reposted their TikTok?
Yes, the moment when you Repost a TikTok video, the creator will receive a notification stating ‘User’ reposted your video. TikTok earlier allowed users to repost videos only from the For You page, but now any video can be reposted on TikTok.
Where does the Reposted content on TikTok appear?
The content you Repost on TikTok appears for your followers through the ‘For You’ page.
Overall, reposting on TikTok is a straightforward and hassle-free task. We hope the step-by-step guide provided in this article will simplify the process for new users.
When you choose to repost on TikTok, you are setting up to increase engagement on your account. It is also a great way to gain views and interact with your followers. However, users should repost only videos relevant to their account and personality.
Utilize the Repost feature on TikTok and enjoy the vast content available on this video-sharing app.