Want to Install Stremio and Use Stremio on Ubuntu? The world of Streaming entertainment is evolving and expanding daily. And in this hustle, a versatile and user-friendly platform that is grabbing attention is Stremio. This modern media centre and video streaming application allow users to watch and organize video content from different services.
Stremio offers access to a wide range of TV shows, online channels, and movies. It is, in fact, one of the excellent streaming tools for Ubuntu users. So, are you ready to Install Stremio and Use Stremio on Ubuntu? Join us as we guide you through the same.
In this article, we will walk you through the process of installing and using Stremio on your Ubuntu system. The days of complex installations and confusing steps are gone, and here we present an easy, straightforward guide. Let’s dive in to learn more.
An overview of Stremio
Stremio is a free media centre application with cutting-edge features and add-ons that let you stream content online, including movies, TV shows, live channels, and more. Stremio software is dependable and secure in contrast to many dubious apps available.
The entertainment experience provided by Stremio is safe, advanced, and seamless. Users can watch their preferred films and TV shows across all of their devices, its user-friendly interface, wide variety of content and 4K HDR support gives high quality streaming experience.
Stremio Key Features
You will find a lot of features in Stremio,
- All of your favourite films and TV shows are available in high definition.
- You may watch your favourite shows on this app with subtitles to make the viewing experience easier.
- The primary feature consists of add-ons, which are various collections of movies, Web channels, television programmes, and even live channels.
- Its Push notifications will keep you continually informed of any new episodes or films that have been released.
- A guest mode is also available that requires no data during signup and does not make any calls to their backend.
How to Install Stremio on Ubuntu?
- Firstly, open your web browser and head over to the Stremio Download page.
- Now, look for the Debian/Ubuntu version and click on it.
- Now, to install Stremio Debian packages, open the command terminal by pressing CTRL+ALT+T.
- Further switch to your Downloads directory, where your browser downloads files.
- Now install the open-source Stremio streaming application for Ubuntu 20.04/18.04 using this command:
sudo apt install ./stremio*amd64.deb
- Here if you encounter a dependency error, try running one of these commands:
sudo apt install -f
sudo apt –fix-broken install
- Further, if you still face dependency issues like “libfdk-acc1 ( >=0.1.5) but it is not installable,” you can resolve it with these two commands:
sudo apt install ./libfdk-aac1_*_amd64.deb
- Now, rerun the installation command:
sudo apt install ./stremio*amd64.deb
How to Use Stremio on Ubuntu?
- Firstly, search for the Stremio media streaming application in your Ubuntu 20.04 applications.
- Now Sign up either with your Email ID or Facebook profile.
- Once logged in, click on the three icons on the top right and select “Add-ons.”
- Now choose the category you want to add related add-ons for.
- Further, scroll and click on the green “Install” buttons for the add-ons you want to use or install all if you’re unsure.
- Now return to the Stremio app’s home screen and search for the movie or series you want to watch.
- Several sources will appear for the media file you want. Test them one by one, as some may be slower than others. Once playback starts, you can enjoy your content. Or you can also use an external player and open subtitles within Stremio for an enhanced viewing experience.
For Uninstalling Stremio on Ubuntu
In case using Stremio on Ubuntu isn’t your choice anymore, or you found a better streaming platform, uninstallation is an option. Here’s how you can uninstall Stremio on Ubuntu:
- Open the command terminal by pressing CTRL+ALT+T and copy + paste the following command,
$sudo apt autoremove –purge Stremio
- Allow time for the uninstallation process.
Is Stremio Paid or Free?
Stremio is an open source, totally free tool. There are no in-app purchases, and it can be downloaded and installed for free on Windows, MacOS, Linux, iPhones and iPads (iOS), Android phones and tablets, and Android TV. You can download add-ons and stream stuff for free. Stremio runs unobtrusive ads to fund its operations.
Stremio Add-ons Safe?
Stremio and its add-ons are safe and lawful. It is simply an open-source platform that enables streaming from different streaming sources and platforms over a P2P network. Stremio is available for download on both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Does Stremio Require a VPN?
Yes, utilising a VPN with Stremio will keep you secure and private. If if you’re going to be watching illegal video, be sure you’ve been using a VPN to protect your identity.
Some user-made Stremio add-ons may be malicious or otherwise threaten your privacy, while others may be geo-blocked or contain other security flaws. In order to unblock Stremio add-ons and safeguard yourself from any potential hazards they may provide, all you really need is a good VPN.
As well as, having a strong VPN is generally a great privacy precaution, as the best ones block ads, trackers, and harmful websites in addition to hiding your data.
This was a quick and easy explanation for installing and using Stremio on Ubuntu. To use the method wisely, try to copy and paste the commands instead of typing them. Doing so will also eliminate the chance of any typing error which may lead to command failure.
We hope you will find the information useful.