All the technological developments we have made so far would be a waste if they didn’t include new means to entertain us. Thankfully, with the latest technological advancements, we humans have discovered new ways to keep ourselves amused and engaged. And this form of human entertainment comes in the form of online games.
Over the past few years, we have seen massive advancements in the development and acceptance of games. Today, you can find everything from a simple riddle or word games to highly animated video games. These games have served countless purposes, from keeping you relaxed for a few hours to providing a livelihood to avid gamers.
In this article, we will be focusing on one such popular action-based animation game, Diablo 3. Today, we will share everything worth knowing about this game. This article will also answer a big burning question about the game: Is Diablo 3 crossplay? Continue reading to learn everything about the game and discover whether or not you can play this game using multiple devices.
What is Diablo 3?
Diablo 3 is an action-based role-playing game created by leading game development company Blizzard. It is the third version of the game and follows an identical storyline with an advanced environment and newer monster variety. Before beginning your gameplay, you can choose from seven different rune or class types. These include Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, Witch Doctor, and Wizard.
In the game, followers will assist you in defeating the different monsters, and you can choose between Enchantress, Templar, and Scoundrel. You will also come across artisans to help you generate valuable items from salvaged material. You get three options, Blacksmith, Jeweler, and Mystic. Diablo 3 switch crossplay game has seamless interaction between the various characters and an enhanced user control experience.
Since the launch of the OG version in 2012, the current Diablo 3 is the latest available variant of the game. The game draws inspiration from the classic theme of good versus evil. Over the years, the storyline has improved, with the evolution of the environment and the introduction of new characters. As each level grows, the game evolves more intensely, with new difficulties at each stage to keep the game engaging.
Is Diablo 3 cross-platform supportive?
Now that we have learned important information about the game, it’s time to address the big question. First, however, we have a sad answer for anyone wondering whether you can cross-platform Diablo 3. Currently, the game is not cross-platform supportive, meaning that you can only compete with players on the same platforms and not with those enjoying the game on different devices or platforms.
It means that if you are enjoying Diablo 3 on your PC, you can only compete with your friends who are using this game on their computers and not any other devices. Likewise, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PS4, and other platform users can only contest against players using the same platform. However, despite not allowing cross-platforming, Diablo 3 multiplayer is still available. So you can still enjoy the game with your friends, as long as you are on the same platform.
Technical Requirements for Diablo 3
After learning about the storyline and other impressive features of Diablo 3, it’s time to learn the system requirements to install this game. Below are the primary technical prerequisites for enjoying the Diablo 3 switch crossplay on your computer.
Technical requirements for Windows PC
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/10. However, the Windows 10 64-bit OS is the preferred option.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8GHz or newer versions.
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT or Intel HD Graphics 4000
- RAM: A minimum of 4 GB. However, devices with 6 GB RAM are preferable.
- Hard Disk Space: At least 25 GB of free disk space availability.
- Media: DVD-ROM drive
- Resolution: Minimum 1024X768 display resolution.
- Internet Connectivity: An active broadband internet connection.
Technical requirements for Mac PC
- Operating System: macOS 10.13 or higher. Ideally, macOS 10.15 is preferable.
- Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or its newer versions.
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 320M or ATI Radeon HD 4670 or Intel HD Graphics 4000
- RAM: Minimum of 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: An available free disk space of 25 GB.
- Media: DVD-ROM drive
- Resolution: Minimum 1024×768 display resolution
- Internet Connectivity: A stable broadband internet connection is essential.
Pricing for Diablo 3
Now that you have learned what this game is and the technical specifications required to download and install the game, it’s time to learn the price of Diablo 3 cross-platform. Below are the costs for the different versions of the game, allowing you to choose a platform of your liking.
- To download the Battlenet supportive version of this game, you will need to pay anywhere between $19.99 to $59.99. The basic game Diablo 3 will cost you $19.99, whereas the advanced Prime Evil Collection will cost you $59.99. The Diablo 3 Eternal Collection is available for $39.99, and the Battle Chest Game version at $29.99.
- For purchasing a Nintendo-supported Diablo 3 switch crossplay, you will have to pay $59.99 for the Eternal and the Prime Evil Collections. Using the Nintendo Switch, you can also find different versions of this game in your preferred language, including French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Italian, and Polish.
- For people interested in buying the Diablo 3 game for the Xbox platform, you get limited choices compared to the other media. You can, however, get the Eternal Collections for the standard price of $59.99. In addition to it, users can get Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer by paying a cost of $14.99.
- Lastly, users who want to buy this game to enjoy on their Playstation can access the cross-platform Diablo 3 Eternal Collection for $59.99. Similar to Xbox, you have the option to download one additional game, Diablo 3: Rise of the Necromancer costing $14.99.
We hope this article answered all your questions and doubts about the Diablo 3 game. Through this article, we addressed a common question that fans of the game ask frequently, is Diablo 3 cross-platform? Apart from that, we also share everything you need to know about this action-themed role-playing game.
We have discussed everything from the different gameplay options to the technical requirements and pricing for the game. We hope you have found this article helpful and learned everything you need to know about Diablo 3. So don’t waste any more time. Get Diablo 3 multiplayer now and enjoy this hack and slash game with your friends.