Twitch has become popular in recent times. Hence you can’t think of live streaming without twitch. Here are some stats that prove the above statement right.
According to hours watched, the share of cramps in the live streaming market is more than 73%. Also, it has increased by 20% in terms of hours watched.
The competitors of Twitch are there, but this platform has done a tremendous job over time. Hence, it is one of the most popular live-streaming platforms globally.
This article will discuss everything from stream setup to live streaming on Twitch.
How To Create A Twitch Account
There is no rocket science in creating a twitch account. It is one of the most straightforward processes to do. You might feel it like a piece of cake.
There are only six steps that you need to perform to create a twitch account. Here, we have mentioned all six stages.
To create a twitch account, you will require basic information such as an email ID, a username, a password, and a birthdate. That’s all.
- First, you need to browse twitch.tv. The catch is you can live stream without making a live twitch account, but if you want some extra features such as a chatbox and like, comment section, it is mandatory to create a twitch account.
- You are required to think of a unique username. Because your username will appear when you chat with someone on stream, you can think of plenty of usernames. It could be your nickname. You can play with your name, letter, and birthdate numbers. Just make sure it is unique and easy to remember.
Also, your username should stand out from the crowd. So, it is advised not to use overly generic usernames. Also, please avoid changing your username frequently; it might be difficult for viewers to find you.
- Now, it is time to create a password. It is the most crucial step, so make sure it is unique; no one should know it except yourself.
- The fourth step is to enter your birthdate. You are required to enter your birthdate to verify your age. Also, this step is essential and within the terms and conditions created by Twitch.
- The fifth step is regarding your email id. It is vital to enter a valid email id as obs will communicate all the necessary notifications and news regarding your streaming channel only through the email id.
- After all these five steps, 95% of the work is done. Now, you are required to accept the terms and conditions by checking the box. Afterward, you can click on sign up to complete the application.
Your Twitch live account is now ready, and your stream setup is done on Twitch.
The Requirements To Make Videos On Twitch
In this part, we will tell you everything needed to make Twitch videos. Also, you will get to see a few essential steps required to make twitch videos.
Guidelines to upload twitch live videos
If you want to upload videos on Twitch, you can do it by uploading endpoints. These endpoints allow users to make tools to create and manage videos on Twitch.
Here are the video formats in which you can upload videos on twitch.
- MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV file formats
- AAC audio
- Up to 1080p or 60FPS
- Up to 10 MBPS bitrate
- H264 codec
The bandwidth limit of Twitch is five simultaneous uploads per account. So you can upload 100 videos in 24 hours at most.
If you are a traveler making videos on the go, you need to have a streaming backpack to publish and stream videos as normal. For that, you should choose the right irl backpack for you during your journey.
Streaming with Twitch
If you want to target a large audience via your online gaming skills, there could be hardly a better option than live streaming on Twitch. It would help if you were prepared to stream the video game sessions to the most effective game streaming service globally, and you have to install a few apps for smooth live streaming. To get more exposure to your live streaming videos, you may search for sources to buy Twitch viewers.
First of all, you need to sign up for a twitch account. After that, you need to copy the stream key. The stream key is the unique code you use to link and stream your video game from the free streaming apps.
You must complete the stream setup for live streaming using basic amenities such as game audio, webcam, and microphone. Also, you need to download a simple broadcasting app such as OBS (Open broadcast software). This app might not give you an excellent user interface, but it is the most powerful application.
Once you install OBS, you will be asked to enter the unique code or stream key. This step is required because OBS can interact with your channel, and you can stream easily.
After that step, you can choose what you want to stream if you wish to broadcast just a single window of your browser, the entire desktop, a full-screen app, or a game. You can also adjust other essential factors from the sub-menus, such as audio levels and stream quality.
How To Live From Ps4 And Xbox One
Live streaming PS4 using Twitch
Thanks to the DualShock controller because it includes a dedicated ‘Share’ Button. Due to this, Play station 4 is the easiest way to start streaming.
To start streaming from PS4, you need to press the ‘Share’ button from the controller. After that, you should click on ‘Broadcast gameplay.’ Now, press on Twitch; you need to link your Twitch admin account information using Windows or macOS. You can also capture your gaming reaction using a PlayStation eye camera.
- Once you have completed all the processes, you need to repeat some steps to start streaming.
- Press the Share button.
- Click on the Broadcast Gameplay.
- Now, select your preferred service to stream.
- After that, you need to title the broadcast.
- Decide whether you want to enable comments or not.
- Set a video quality
- Set audio quality
- Now, start Broadcasting to start streaming.
- To end the streaming, click on the ‘Share’ button again.
Live streaming Xbox using Twitch
To start streaming Xbox with a twitch, you need to take some essential steps.
First, you must stop by the Microsoft store and install the Twitch app.
After installing the Twitch app, you will be greeted and asked to enter a unique code. Then, you have to enter that unique code via your twitch admin account.
You need to get into the streaming by signing up for Twitch using the website on a Windows 10 or macOS computer system.
After this basic setup, you need to head back to the Xbox to select broadcast with Twitch from the app.
Twitch has a lot of different things to offer to users. It allows users to do experiments to reach their presence. Apart from that, the twitch audience’s high engagement enables marketers to push their service or product to their target viewers via rolling advertisements on streamers’ live videos. Live streaming on Twitch is emerging at a good pace. Brands should note this and leverage influencer marketing, which is more effective than conventional marketing.
If you haven’t been using Twitch to live to stream, it is high time you should strike while the iron is hot.