With E-learning becoming the rage in the post-pandemic work, everyone wants to build a compelling e-learning app that can bolster the educational avenue and generate revenue. With sites like Panther, startups can explore and create their online teaching marketplace and utilize the app builders.
To experience one of the best digital learning app development software in the market, you can also see a demo. It’s an easier, faster, and ready-to-use platform. It operates faster than the custom script.
The monthly subscription is also very affordable. You don’t require any coding. You can start with a few clicks. But how do these e-learning apps work?
- It starts with students registering themselves on the app. They select their course or subject and connect with an expert and experienced teachers.
- Teachers can answer their questions through video calls, audio clips, or chat, and get instant payment.
- The features that set a reputable app apart from the rest video, audio, and text consultation, instant payment gateway and collection, listing and profiles, appointment booking, and email, SMS and push notifications.
A real-time calling and chat feature helps students to reach teachers instantly. The application allows students to ask questions and take classes at any time, regardless of their geographic location. The built-in screen sharing and calling results in wholesome and cohesive understanding.
Know the best features
The best available features for e-learning apps, according to Eric Dalius start with access to proper study material. As a startup, you need to let the students access the lectures, notes, lesson summaries, and everything they want.
- The app must also feature a 360-degree virtual tour. It gives both parents and pupils a smooth walk-through of the campus with stellar 360-degree views.
- An app must also be able to build a community. It brings together students, parents, and faculties under one roof. You can let the community share reviews, comment, and share pictures, and engage with your online institution anytime they want.
- An event calendar is of central importance as it helps in keeping your folks up-to-date with different event listings and curriculum changes in your education app.
- You organize events, mark pivotal dates, and highlight class schedule changes.
- Push notification helps in alerting, informing, and engaging students. You can send them to the entire community or select students and their parents.
- A social buzz is also important as it drives students to share campus snapshots and stories on their social media handles. Apps like Instappy help in integrating your app with more than 50 social platforms.
One-touch contact is very crucial as your prospective clients need to contact you with ease. Google Map Integration is imperative. People must be able to find your faculty easily. Your education app maker must entail this integration to enable sharing of directions, images, and working hours.
Developing an app
The first step is to design the app for ensuring product excellence and overall quality. Eric crafts seven dimensions or pathways to create an awesome educational app.
The amount of diversity you’d find in the content and architecture of e-learning mobile apps is certainly astounding.
- Proper engineering and problem-solving mechanism are very crucial along with creating complex domains. You need to align the app’s design and maneuverability with the learning processes and development.
- You need to fathom the learning science and art to do so.
- The seven dimensions in the e-learning app ambit include temporal, communication, transaction, public, multiplicity, location, and identity.
- Temporal means asynchronous and synchronous user interaction. Communication means bi or unidirectional information flow.
- Transaction means the capability or bandwidth of your in-app purchases.
- Your app could be open to the public or you could limit it to a particular segment.
- Location means the functionality or information you customize with the user location. Identity means adjusting the information on the basis of the user’s identity.
Content is king and if you want your content to be the king of the circuit, you’ve got to pay for it. There’s no short-cut or bypass. The content needs to engage and comply with the current standards.
The four pillars of an educational apple design are active, engaging, meaningful experiences, and socially interactive.
The technology rack
Popular Android/iOS mobile app stack comprises Objective-C and Swift programming languages. They also have Xcode IDE along with Kotlin and Java languages. They use Retrofit Rest and Android studio IDE for Android app development.
- Startups can focus on two popular approaches to develop apps. You can create a cross-platform or native app.
- You create native applications exclusively for Android or iOS platforms. Their prime characteristics are higher cost, more requisites for developers, and greater performance speed.
- Cross-platform development involves lower overall costs and limitations for 3D and animations.
- Despite being costlier, native apps are a more viable choice since they offer a more quality-centric and custom approach.
As a business, it’s pivotal to follow the trends in e-learning apps. Your video content could be the game-changer. Your learning app must incorporate video lessons/lectures in compliance with your format.
Technologies like AI, VR, and AR are simply the need of the hour. AR-visualization helps companies to display complex objects in a convenient and simple manner.
Countdown of trends
As you’ve already read, while conceptualizing the app design, you need to encapsulate the main trends in the mobile education arena.
- Certifying organizations have a pivotal role to play. Learning service and educational course providers need to meticulously select lessons and lectures to safeguard their reputation.
- A game format for training is the new trend. This approach is not only a favorite of children but also clicks with adults. Startups are creating educational apps only for adults with the game as the backdrop.
- It guarantees immense interaction and involvement. It increases the emotional feedback and perception, and people can absorb the information more.
- Micro-training is another conspicuous aspect. The average individual readily devotes 1 percent of his time to extra training.
It means you’ve to catch all the attention with visual materials, small text, or short videos. You need to keep this in mind when building educational apps.