As of now, most of the Android mobile we are using supports dual SIM and most people prefer to have dual SIM handset too. In this case, the mobile user has the preference to use which SIM card for the calls, SMS and data usage. The choice of SIM selection can be done from the settings area.
In some cases, users will set the SIM selection for the calls as ‘Ask each time’, in which once the user makes a call, a popup will come up and ask for the SIM selection. The main benefit of this thing is that the user can switch the SIM for different calls. If the SIM selection is made from the settings, all the calls will be done using that particular SIM.
Here, there is an additional option which most of us didn’t notice. While making a call, the SIM selection window will come up. Along with that, there is a checkbox saying ‘Remember this choice’. If you selected that option and choose the SIM, then all the calls to that particular number will be routed through that SIM card only. Here the selected SIM will be set as the Calling SIM for that particular contact. You will not get the SIM selection window any more for that contact.
The selection will not be changed even if you change the default SIM selection from the settings. So, it may be annoying too since in some case, we may have to call that number from the other SIM too which is not possible directly. But, this default SIM preference for a particular contact can be removed or cleared easily.
Let’s see the steps involved in the removal of default SIM selection for a particular contact.
- Goto your phone contacts.
- From the list, find the number you are looking for which the calling SIM details to be cleared.
- Click on the particular contact
- In the next screen, you can see the details of that contact including name, number, etc.
- Now, long-press the number.
- Now, you will get a small popup window with some options.
- From the options listed, click on ‘Clear calling SIM’.
- Done, now the preferred calling SIM for the contact is removed.
- Try again calling the number and you can see the SIM selection option.
You may also read
- Activate Call Waiting on Android 9 Pie Mobile
- How to Change Default App in Android 9 Pie ?
- Steps to Make Your Android Device Secure and to Ensure Safety