Reliance Jio is now being used by almost all the mobile users in India either as their primary number or as the secondary one. But more than 2 years after the launch the company is still receiving complaints from the customers regarding the coverage issue.
To avoid this issue for some extend, some users are forwarding the calls to other numbers to receive incoming calls while out of coverage or sometimes completely. Jio provides the call forwarding facility too. The best part with Jio is that, since the all the voice call feature is free in Jio, call forwarding can be done without any extra cost.
You can receive all the calls to your Jio number to another Indian number and can receive from any part of the country freely. Even though the fact is like this, there is some disappointing factors too. We got messages from users asking why call forwarding from Jio to BSNL is not working.
Is the call forwarding from Jio to BSNL works ?
Technically as per Jio, you can forward calls of your Jio number to any mobile number in India. No matter, whether it is BSNL, Airtel, Idea, Vodafone etc. But when we tried to forward the call to a BSNL number it did not worked. The setup was successful, however when we tried to call the Jio number, we are hearing the message that the number doesn’t exist.
We contacted the customer care and as per them, the call forward feature was not available to BSNL number. The service is working for all other network other than BSNL. The customer care executive didn’t comment on the reason behind the issue. They are saying the service is not available to BSNL numbers currently.
What is the cause of the Issue ?
Initially we also thought that, it is some technical issue. But as we made conversation with the customer care, it is clear that, the service is not available to BSNL numbers. There might be some issues between these two operators.
How to resolve it ?
Since the service is not available to BSNL numbers, we have only option to forward it to any other number of other operators (if have one). If you need BSNL itself, then better to log a complaint to Jio by dialing 1991. If more people demands for the same, they might enable it.
How to Enable and Disable Call Forwarding in Jio ?
It is not possible in all the case to Activate and Deactivate the call forwarding in your Jio number using the call settings menu in the mobile. It is highly recommended to enable and disable the feature using the USSD option.
How to Activate Call Forwarding ?
Call forwarding can be done in mainly 4 cases
- Call forwarding Unconditional – *401*<10 digit number> – This option is used to forward all the calls from your mobile. All the calls will be transferred to the given number.
- Call forwarding – no answer- *403*<10 digit number> – This option can be used to forward the call in the case, if user didn’t pick the mobile.
- Call forwarding – busy – *405*<10 digit number> – If the number is busy, call will be diverted to the given number.
- Call Conditional call forwarding – not reachable-*409*<10 digit number> – This is the most used option. Here the calls will be transferred to the given number if the Jio number is switched off or out out coverage.
How to Deactivate Call Forwarding ?
- Cancel call forwarding Unconditional – *402
- Cancel call forwarding – no answer- *404
- Cancel call forwarding – busy – *406
- Cancel conditional call forwarding – not reachable- *410
- Cancel all the forwarding together – *413