Popular messaging application Whatsapp is always updating the application on both Android and IOS versions. The company is adding more and more advanced features and timely security updates all the time. In this article, we are looking into some of the latest whatsapp updates that Facebook-owned company. Following are a few recent updated made on the application that most users didn’t notice yet.
- Priority-based Status Order based on Facebook and Instagram Algorithm
- Continuous or Consecutive Voice Message Playback
- Profile Picture Download option Disabled
- Group Privacy option prevents from adding to a group
1. Priority-based Status Order based on Facebook and Instagram Algorithm
WhatsApp added Facebook and Instagram used algorithm based status order into WhatsApp also. With the update, the status message will be listed based on the frequently used contacts. The most contacted person’s status message will be listed on the top followed by lower priority contacts.
2. Continuous or Consecutive Voice Message Playback
Now, voice messages will be played automatically. If you are receiving multiple voice messages from a person and listening to any of the voice messages in the chat list. The next consecutive voice messages will be automatically played once the current one finishes. So, user can keep on listening all the voice messages without multiple clicks.
Once each voice message gets finished, you will hear a small notification in between the playback.
3. Profile Picture Download option Disabled
As an added privacy feature, Whatsapp now removed the profile picture download option from the application. Now users can see the profile picture of any contact but will be unable to download the corresponding profile image.
4. Group Privacy option prevents from adding to a group
Now, the great feature is here, you can not prevent anyone from adding yourself to any group. Earlier any group admin who has your contact will be able to add you to the group without your permission. Now, with the group adding privacy option, you can set your preference accordingly.
In the privacy section, there is an option to set the group privacy. It has three options such as Everyone, My Contacts, and Nobody. If you set it to Everyone, then anyone can add you to a group without any privacy restrictions.
If you set it as My Contacts, then anyone who is in your contact list can add you to any group. Finally, if you set it as Nobody, then no one can add you to any group. In this case, they can invite you to join any group. You can join or not upon your decision.
Here are a few other articles that you may read next
- Artificial Intelligence And Smartphones Of The Future
- How 5G Will Change Your Small Business
- Use of Virtual Private Network (VPN) in the Real World