Individuals with a dropshipping business or planning to start one must be familiar with Oberlo.
Oberlo, the dropshipping app, has made news in recent years as the go-to software for drop shippers. Since this extensive came into the market, importing products, processing orders, and managing other parts of the business have become extremely easy. All thanks to Oberlo, business today has streamlined more than ever before. Without much hype, Oberlo is a vital part of our business experience and is there to assist more.
Here’s more about Oberlo Chrome Extension, how it works, its advantages, disadvantages, and more.
What is Dropshipping – A Brief
Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method. Using this business technique, entrepreneurs can sell products without requiring to keep the products in stock. Instead, businesses or entrepreneurs sell products; they can purchase the item directly from a third party and ship it to the customer. This, as a result, saves the merchant from seeing, storing, and handling the products.
Dropshipping is an attractive option for entrepreneurs and small businesses selling products online without a large investment.
What is Oberlo?
Oberlo is a dropshipping app that allows users to find products to sell, add them to their online store, and ship them directly to their customers. Oberlo automates the entire process, from product sourcing to order fulfillment. With Oberlo, users can access millions of products from suppliers worldwide and have them shipped directly to their customers with just a few clicks.
Oberlo also provides tools to help retailers manage their stores, such as analytics, marketing, and payment processing. Oberlo makes it easy for anyone to start and run their online store.
An overview of Oberlo Chrome Extension
Oberlo Chrome Extension is a browser extension that has helped dropshipping businesses lately. Oberlo allows e-commerce entrepreneurs to import products from AliExpress with full integration within a few clicks. Since Oberlo has entered the market, dropshippers find it easy to pick and add products to their store and ship them directly to the customer.
This Chrome extension has simplified the business process by automating many tedious tasks. Due to its ease of use and benefits, Oberlo Chrome Extension has become a popular tool amongst entrepreneurs.
Oberlo Key Features:
Here are some of the key features of Oberlo:
- It allows quick and easy import of products from AliExpress.
- It allows online stores to import products in bulk. It even allows editing titles, images, and descriptions and setting custom pricing for every product.
- It makes order fulfillment easy just with a few clicks. Oberlo’s Chrome Extension allows users to automatically fulfill orders with Oberlo.
- It configures automatic fulfillment for orders placed in your store and ships them directly to your customers.
- It automatically syncs your inventory levels between the AliExpress supplier and your Shopify store. Retailers are always in knowledge about how much stock is in their hands.
- It automatically and instantly updates the product prices and inventory levels in your Shopify store. It, in addition, helps in matching the price with that of suppliers on AliExpress.
- It allows entrepreneurs to create a unique store brand and identity. You can edit product titles, descriptions, and images in Oberlo before the product reaches your Shopify store.
- It offers a list of verified AliExpress suppliers. Entrepreneurs and businesses can filter suppliers by product category, location, and feedback score, ensuring only the best fits their needs.
- Oberlo Chrome Extension makes tracking orders and managing inventory simple. Dropshippers can also generate comprehensive reports to track order trends and customer behavior
- It offers email and lives chat customer support for instant help.
How does Oberlo Chrome Extension work? Installing Process
Making the Oberlo Chrome Extension work is extremely simple.
The Oberlo Chrome Extension is a free-to-use tool that users can easily download from the Chrome Web Store. However, the tool is available for Chrome; it does not work on mobile phones or tablets.
To install Oberlo Chrome Extension, all you need to do is:
Navigate to the Oberlo Chrome Extension Installation Page and click the blue ‘ADD TO CHROME’ button. Next, accept and confirm to add the Oberlo extension to your Chrome.
It will redirect you to sign in whether you proceed with your Shopify account or create a new one.
Once you finish the process, you can use Oberlo Chrome Extension for your dropshipping business.
As you are ready to explore the products you want to sell, follow the guidelines given below:
Go to AliExpress and browse the products you want to import; the extension allows you to add the product to your Oberlo app. Initially, check whether the Oberlo icon on the right side of the screen is grey or blue. If the icon is grey, the extension is installed yet inactive. However, the Oberlo Chrome extension is active if the icon is blue. As the icon turns blue, you can import (The products on that page are compatible and can be linked to your Shopify store).
You can browse AliExpress just like you usually would and find a product you want to add to your Shopify store. When importing products from AliExpress into your Shopify store, the Oberlo Chrome extension is handy for placing and fulfilling customer orders. You do not have to worry about shipping or handling the product within this process.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Oberlo Chrome Extension
Oberlo Chrome Extension has its fair share of advantages and disadvantages, like any other tool. Here are a few to mention:
List of advantages:
- It is easy to install and use, even for beginners.
- It is time-saving, all thanks to the automatic process of importing the products.
- It offers access to millions of products on AliExpress.
- It aids in automatic order fulfillment.
- It allows entrepreneurs to start low-risk businesses with little upfront investment.
List of disadvantages:
- Entrepreneurs and merchants have limited control over product quality. You aren’t always familiar with what quality product the seller is shipping to your customer.
- The shipping time with AliExpress can take several weeks or sometimes even more. This can lead to lower customer satisfaction which can impact the business.
- Since the high competition, finding a unique product at AliExpress can be challenging.
- Finding products with high-profit margins can be challenging at AliExpress.
Popular Alternatives for Oberlo Chrome Extension
There is a range of popular alternatives for Oberlo Chrome Extension that you can use. Some of these alternatives include:
- Aliexpress UniteXpres Dropship
- Aliexpress Dropshipping
- Spreadr App – Amazon Importer
This was all about Oberlo Chrome Extension and its working method. If you are looking forward to starting an online store or have already done so, Oberlo can simplify your dropshipping process. And since the tool is very easy to use, anyone can make a good establishment through it.