Today, the entire world is functioning on digital platforms. Above all, advanced conditions and circumstances have changed classroom teaching into online courses.
Mainly, to gain knowledge on various courses, people make use of multiple platforms for online courses. As a result, online paid courses have become a great means of generating revenue. Generally, choosing the right platform for online teaching is a tricky thing. Therefore appropriate platforms are needed for the effective and efficient conduct of online courses.
What are Online Course Platforms?
Online course platforms are a structured digital system that manages online teaching. Namely, the “Learning Management System” (LMS) provides access to the users for the digital classes. Mainly, the online course contains two essential things- videos and modules.
There is a wide variety of tools available on online course platforms for online class composers. These tools help in making the job easy in creating online courses. Generally, these tools are compiled in a compact way that allows the creator to work effectively and efficiently. They don’t have to shift from one software to another for different devices.
The e-market is in boom and has developed a lot to engage customers. Usually, nowadays e-learning has become very popular. As a result, software companies are updating and launching new tools with the latest versions. Due to which making comparisons and choosing the best one has become a complicated task.
Infographics or metrics for Online Course Platforms in 2020
Learners completing a course is one of the essential metrics to check the quality of the online course platform. But it does not tell whether the platform is significant for learners or not. The online course creators should keep a note of these e-learning metrics before creating an online course:
- The Global e-learning industry is expected to be worth $325 Billion in 2025.
- E-learning sees a huge increase in retention rate from 25% to 60%
- The E-learning market is expected to enhance by $38.09 billion between 2020 and 2024.
- 80% of organizations industries depending on e-learning to win a competitive advantage.
- Mobile learning can grow to reach a milestone of $78.5 billion across the globe in 2025.
Benefits of Online Course Platforms
Online Course Platforms are always considered smart learning as one doesn’t need massive investment like a traditional form of education. Online course platforms are practical and efficient. However, there is still a myth that online course platforms do not provide appropriate degrees. Even it is believed that learners are not eligible for worldly competition. Hence people are stuck with traditional forms of learning.
On the contrary, the reality is that online course platforms have opened the vast ocean for each type of learner. Here are the great benefits of Online Course platforms:
- Online Course Platforms provide knowledge of interest.
- Online Course Platforms allows learners to learn in comfort and saves time by avoiding to reach the venue.
- They increase the value of resumes of learners through certificates and degrees.
- They provide a vast number of choices.
- They provide economic courses to learners.
10 Best Online Course Platforms
Teachable is one of the best online course platforms with fewer efforts. Even initiators can use it easily without any prior knowledge. However, it only recommends a little customization while creating your school. As soon as you get connected to the Teachable online course platform, you just have to upload your content.
Moreover, it has all the essential tools in one place as it has the function of hosting videos, taking payments. Another most critical part is that it allows conducting live sessions between teacher and learner.
- Multiple options for customization, for instance, sales and course page, member’s area.
- Options for quizzes, feedback surveys, and other exciting features.
- Provides facilities of evaluation and certificates for courses.
- Provides the quality of integrated email marketing for gathering customers.
- Classifies students, according to studies.
- Provides special coupons and promotions.
- One can Host and manage programs easily.
- Contains a systematic sales page.
- Payment modes are stripe connect and PayPal.
- Detail analytics
- Convenient to use.
- Satisfactory Monetary plans.
- Vast illustration of knowledge.
Plans and Pricing
- Basic Plan- $29/month or $39/month (paid annually), with 5% transaction fees.
- Professional Plan- $119/ month or $99 month. It has no transaction fees.
- Business Plan- $249/month or $299 month.
Thinkific is another online course platform with pre-built themes. Furthermore, it is advanced in having the personal involvement of students and teachers. Thinkific is easy to handle. This platform is designed for all types of businesses who urge to manage the entire online course at the same place.
- Multiple formats of content.
- Customized themes.
- The course is linked to your website.
- Full access to CSS and HTML.
- Discussions, Quizzes, and Surveys.
- private and hidden courses.
- multiple instructors.
- Enables learners to check their performances.
- Linked with email service providers.
- Initially offers a free plan.
Plans and Pricing
- Freeland: Maximum number of course-3, with a limited variety of features.
- Pro Plan: $99/month or $ 79-month admin of 5 courses, granted private and hidden classes, with an advanced level of customization features and members as a site builder.
- Premier Plan: $499/month or $399/month, granted all pro plan features with extra 50 plus course admins/ authors and onboarding package.
LearnDash is a fantastic Online Course platform with more flexibility. It is considered unique with the WordPress LMS plugin.
- Branded learning portal.
- Advanced quiz contests.
- Dynamic forums.
- Shopping cart feature
- An only one-time purchase is allowed and holds membership.
- Automatic notifications for emails.
- Easily combined with WordPress.
- Can work based on any theme.
- Offers complete flexibility and many customized options.
- Contains reasonable pricing.
Pricing and Plans
- Basic Package is of $159/year with one site license
- Plus, the Package is $189/year with ten site licenses (including ProPanel).
- Pro Package is $329/year with 25 site licenses (including ProPanel).
- LearnDash also provides a $40 discount on annual plans with the guarantee of a full 30 money-back.
Karta is an Online Course Platform with a wide variety of functions. It is considered as one of the best platforms for online business. It includes building websites, software regarding e-commerce, and so much more.
Karta has an e-learning platform known as “Memberships.” It contains multiple features, such as drip content, various membership tiers, templates, and editor.
- The unique part of dragging and dropping interfaces with a variety of templates.
- Contains multiple memberships of tiers.
- Various memberships of portals.
- Automated content drip.
- Systematic management of students’ data.
Plans and Pricing
- The Starter Plan consists of $99/month or $79/month (annually) with max 50GB bandwidth and two membership sites.
- The silver Plan consists of $199/month or $149/month ( annually) with max 125GB bandwidth and unlimited membership sites.
- The Gold Plan consists of $299/month or $229/month (annually) with max 250GB bandwidth and unlimited membership sites.
- The Platinum Plan consists of $499/month or $379/month (annually) with max 400GB bandwidth and unlimited membership sites.
Kajabi is the next online course platform that pays more heed on tools of marketing and automation. Kajabi provides flexibility. It has little larger budgets.
- Based on fully customized pages.
- Full customized sales and landing pages.
- Contains the elements of a website builder.
- Powerful features of automation and also includes sales pipeline builders.
- Provides email marketing platforms.
- Student management.
- Makes use of PayPal and Stripe.
- Detailed analytics.
- Provides a mobile application.
- Excellent marketing capabilities.
- Excellent customer support.
Plans and Prices
- Its Basic Plan contains $149/month or $119/month (annually), with limitations of 3 products, three pipelines, 10,000 contacts, and 1,000 active members.
- Growth Plan contains $159/month or $199/month (annually) with limitations of 15 pipelines, 15 products, 10,000 active users and 25,000 contacts.
- Pro Plan consists of $399/month or $319/month (annually) with Limitations of 100 products, 100 pipelines, 100,000 contacts, and 20,000 active members.
Podia is considered one of the most effective solutions for online marketers and businesses. The Podia online course platforms also allow customers to download e-books.
It is well known for simplicity. This online course channel is best for professionals as it does not contain any fancy mode.
- “n” number of hosting.
- Elements of a storefront builder.
- Customizable branding.
- Drip content.
- Payment plan option for students.
- Pre-sell and pre-launch features.
- Includes email marketing tools.
- Funnel builder.
- Includes different integrations.
- Simple to use.
- Modern and straightforward design of backend and UI.
- The option of embedding the “Buy” button on other websites.
- The facility of free migration service.
- Good customer services.
Plans and Prices
It has a Mover Plan method of $39/month, and it does not include membership sites, blogs, embeddable checkouts, and affiliates management. The other Plan includes the Shaker Plan of $79/month, and it has all features.
LearnWorlds is the online course platform that is mainly famous for the advanced feature to evaluate customers’ knowledge. It also contains the element of e-books.
- Contains the synchronized video transcripts.
- One can add various interactions to videos.
- Includes systematic assignments, quizzes, and question banks.
- Provides digital certificates.
- Contains many tools.
- Powerful online community builder.
- Fantastic affiliate management feature.
- Has reasonable pricing.
Plans and prices
- Its starter plan is $29/month or $24/month (annually). The benefits customers will receive are $5 fee per course sale. One admin allowed and unlimited paid courses.
- It’ so Trainer Plan is $99/month or $79/month (annually). It has no fees, and five admins/instructors are allowed. It also contains complete paid courses and an affiliate management platform.
Ruzuku is the hosted online course platform. It offers almost all kinds of features. Its tools mainly focus on simplicity, and that’s why it is less flexible. It is an accurate platform to teach online.
- Simple to manage.
- Flexible subscription structure.
- Flexible pricing structure.
- Multiple learning tools for learners.
- Exciting features like webinars, teleconferences, etc.
- Supports PayPal and stripes as well.
- Learners can create their profiles.
- There are no limits based on the number of students and courses one can undertake.
Plans and pricing
- Its Bootstrapper Plan offers $99/month or $74.75/month (annually). The number of students and courses are unlimited. In this Plan, there will be no webinars and no quizzes.
- The Up-and-Comer Plan offers $149/month or $83.08/month (annually). Only a single instructor provided, and the remaining features are locked.
- The University Plan offers $199/month or $125/month (annually). Ruzuku provides a 14-day free trial and a guarantee of money back.
ClickFunnels is an online course platform that allows users to receive and send emails and customize it. You will get permission to host the video after taking membership. The venue is right for marketing.
- Pre-built page of templates.
- Suitable for marketing platforms.
- Supports related programs.
- Contains elements of advanced marketing and automation.
- Excellent platform to conduct webinars.
- easy to build a page.
- Great marketing features.
- Offers pre-built sales funnels.
Plans and Prices
ClickFunnels’ online course platform provides a 14-day free trial. After this, you have to take membership for making use of the tools of the platform.
10. Zippy Courses
The zippy course is a robust platform that offers you lots of benefits that most of the popular platform provides.
- Content Drip
- Drag and Drop feature
- Email software integrated
Pricing and Plans
It comes with two actual Plan and one trial plan
- Trial Plan – $1 per month
- Standard Plan – $99 per month
- Professional Plan – $199 per month