Every store these days desire to have multiple products from multiple brands in order to get & establish a strong foothold in their business and stay afloat amongst the heavy competition which has come to the fore with so many stores being opened with similar products and stocks. The competition being sky-high in this regard it is of optimum importance to use the technology of heatmaps for having a total overview as well as independent cluster of knowledge of the shopping habits and behavioural trends of the visitors and customers so that more visitors can be transformed into actual customers.
Previously, in the olden days when technology was not so developed and prior to the age & advent of heatmaps, it was all used to be guesswork and a matter of hard toil for retailers and shop owners in trying to find out what exactly was going wrong in their strategy or if things were going well, how it can be leveraged further to get even better results. But now with heatmaps, it has become an entirely different ball-game altogether. Customers can readily be tracked and that too in real time to get a clear idea of what they are preferring and what they are not and changes can be made accordingly. People’s way of thinking is changing with almost every passing day and it is very difficult to be succeeding by staying static to any one or two strategies.
Thus, the requirement of an entity that would facilitate this and, in some way, almost delve deep and read the minds of the customers so to speak tracking their every movement and activity was ardently felt and it is in this context & connection that heatmaps came into being to make things easier for stores in any and every aspect. Nowadays, stores aren’t only interested and remain contented in and with what you buy.
There is a broader perspective they are cared about and that is how exactly you tend to shop. With the advent of new camera-based technology, retailers these days are quite easily capable of tracking what the users are touching, what they are ignoring, where they are walking so that the store can be optimized accordingly. Real-time imaging is used to track movements and the information thus obtained is turned into heat maps. The approach is a data-intensive one trying to address the old-age question of what customers buy.
For instance, there’s a heatmap to figure out where people walk and which place they avert from walking. It is extremely handy for the retailers. It makes it very easy for the retailers to strategically place popular and unpopular brands & the same applies for cheap & expensive products as well. There is a second type of heatmap pertaining to what visitors touch because it is a proven scientific and psychological fact that the ones that people usually touch, they generally end up buying that. This data can also address pricing issues.
If you want to get some terrific insights as to how visitors respond or interact with your website, heatmap tools are just the ideal foil for it. The fact that tracking and then analyzing the behaviour of the visitors is a sure way to succeed cannot be denied. But it is easier said than done. However, having a user-friendly design you can make visitors click on a definite (specific) part of a web. Heatmap plugins and tools aid in letting you know how far they scroll, tracking the areas where your users click on your site and how they are making use of your site. There are many kinds of heatmap tools having different functionalities. Some of them which just facilitates in plotting visitors’ interaction is discussed below-
1. Crazy Eggs- It is one of the most phenomenal heatmap tools that is excellent for optimizing and having insight of the customers behaviour. This tool comes with the features of in-page analytics, design testing, CRM, A/B testing and a whole lot more features. The best part of this tool is that it has got the provision of dividing the heatmap from traffic sources. It is definitely a sales optimizer. It lets you figure out the sources from which your visitors are making way to your site. Crazy Eggs is also available in the form of a plug in. So, if your site is built on & running on Word Press it can be fitted into it rather effortlessly.
2. Inspectlet- This tool is a highly prudent one and integrates Analytics to your blog or site. The tool lets you track the movement of the clicks, mouse, typed information and scrolling on your site. The three fundamental features coming with this tool are Heatmaps, session recording and form analytics. It also provides analytics to better comprehend and optimize your lead generation.
3. Clicktale- Clicktale is another very good tool for it provides excellent level of heatmaps analytics. With this, you can have detailed heatmaps analysis features and very powerful session recording technology. Besides, it can be very easily integrated with other integration tools like Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and many others. As far as it features is concerned, it incorporates benefits like conversion analytics, advanced analytics, session recording and so on.
4. Mouseflow- Mouseflow boasts of having more than 1 lakh happy customers. This tool is truly an incredible one helping out marketers understand their visitors and let them act accordingly like never before. It literally lets you see exactly what the visitors on your site are doing. With Mouseflow you can also see and comprehend the way visitors are interacting with your site. With this tool, you can track your funnel analysis and go on to set custom funnels as well so that you can find the source of your visitor and how they are behaving after coming to your site.
5. Heatmap.me- Heatmap.me is one of the easiest to use and very simple to use heatmap analytics tools available. It is installed without much effort at all and doesn’t slow down your blog or site. You can see the interaction of the visitors with your site absolutely live as this tool, unlike the others in the market; provides real time heatmaps. The privacy part is absolutely ensured and well taken care of too.
6. Hotspots Analytics- It is a plugin and can be used on any Word Press based blog or website. It happens to be an advanced analytics plugin offering heatmaps, visitors activity and custom event tracking. It can be easily integrated with Google Analytics.
With intense and cut-throat competition taking over in today’s age of digitization it is of utmost importance to be using heatmaps in order to run your business with good deal of authority and conviction. Thus, it can definitely be drawn from what has been stated above that today’s retailing efforts have eased out a lot facilitating customer retention, all courtesy of the use of heatmaps.