It’s very exciting to use the new iPhone to improve the screen, camera, Internet experience and get some new features. But when you switch to your new iPhone, you don’t want to lose numerous personal files, applications, photos, videos, and contacts on your old iPhone or iPad.
Switch to new iPhone without data loss
Fortunately, some solutions are helping you to migrate data from old iPhone to your new iPhone. So keep reading, and this post will introduce several methods of migrating iPhone content to you so that you can switch to a new iPhone without data loss.
Transfer data via Quick Start (iOS 11 and later)
Quick Start is an official transfer method that was introduced in iOS 11. It can help users quickly set up and move information from their current iOS device to another iPhone or iPad. Please make sure your iPhones are running with iOS 11 or a later version. Then follow the steps below.
Step 1: Open your new iPhone, and follow the setup guide to select region, language, and Wi-Fi connection.
Step 2: Place the current iPhone near the new iPhone, make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
Step 3: Tap “Continue” on the old iPhone.
Step 4: Wait for the new iPhone to show an image and scan it with the current device.
Step 5: When the two iPhones are connected. Setup your Face ID. Then tap “Transfer from iPhone” when it asks you to move data.
Then complete the rest on-screen setup, and your data will be moved to the new iPhone after that.
Transfer iPhone data with iCloud
iCloud is a cloud-based service provided by Apple to backup and sync data among different iOS devices. To transfer data with iCloud, you will need to backup your old iPhone and restore them to another new device as long as your iCloud storage is enough.
- Each Apple account is given 5 GB of free space, which is apparently not enough for most iPhones. You can upgrade iCloud storage with monthly payment or turn to other methods.
- If the target iPhone is not brand-new, you will need to erase the iPhone. Just go to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset” > Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”.
Backup iPhone to iCloud: Go to “Settings” on your old iPhone > Tap “[Your Name]” banner > Tap “iCloud” > Tap “iCloud Backup” > Tap “Back Up Now”.
Restore from the iCloud Backup
Step 1: Switch the SIM card to the new iPhone. And turn it on.
Step 2: Follow the iPhone setup. When it asks you how to transfer data, tap “Restore from iCloud backup”.
Step 3: Enter your Apple ID and password. Once you finish the iPhone setup, the iCloud backup will be synced to the new iPhone.
Migrate data to new iPhone using iTunes
iTunes is the traditional way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone before iCloud was released in iOS 5. It creates a local backup image that will be restored to your new iPhone after setup. But it seems that iTunes is inconvenient in today’s world since that backup feature hasn’t been optimized for a long time. If your iCloud storage is running out, iTunes is still worth trying.
Part 1. Backup old iPhone data on computer
- Connect your old iPhone to a computer, and open iTunes.
- Click the phone-like icon on the top to enter the “Summary” tab. And click “Back Up Now“ button.
Part 2. Restore backup to new iPhone
- Connect the target device with the computer, and enter “Summary” tab.
- Click “Restore backup” button. Then choose a backup according the backup date and size.
You might be asked to enter the password if the backup image was encrypted. Then, complete the iPhone setup and wait for the data to be moved to the target iPhone.
Professional iOS data migration tool-AOMEI MBackupper
Another way to transfer data to iPhone is to employ a popular and powerful iPhone data transfer tool named AOMEI MBackupper, a professional iOS migration tool enabling you to easily transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. And this tool owns several advantages and features, including
- One-click transfer: AOMEI MBackupper comes with an intuitive interface simplifies the data transferring operation. You can click the “Start Transfer” button to complete the whole process.
- Selective/partial transfer: If you don’t want to transfer all content, the “Custom Backup” can help you only to transfer iPhone contacts, photos, contacts, etc.
- Fast data migration: AOMEI MBackupper transfers data between iPhones with a much faster speed than other tools.
- Full support iOS devices: This tool is compatible with all iOS devices and always works well with the latest iOS 15/14/14.6. So, you can also share data between your iPhone and an iPad or iPod Touch.
Here you can follow the guide below to see how it works.
- If there are some data on the target iPhone, please backup it before the process.
- Download and install AOMEI MBackupper on your PC.
- Connect both iPhones on the computer via USB cables, and tap “Trust” on the iPhones.
Step 1: Run AOMEI MBackupper, click “iPhone to iPhone Transfer” on the main interface.
Note: You can selectively transfer data by the “Transfer to iPhone” and “Transfer to Computer” features.
Step 2: You can view the source and target iPhone here. If you need, you can enable backup encryption to encrypt your data. Then click “Start Transfer”.
Then wait for the iPhone migrating process to get finished.
With the 4 methods of transferring data from one iPhone to a new iPhone, we hope you can switch to a new iOS device without data loss.
You can choose the 4 methods based on your need. By contrast, AOMEI MBackupper can apply to most situations. Besides supporting fully and selectively transferring data, it also helps you erase old iPhone data by the “Erase iPhone” feature if you want to sell or discard it.