In today’s modern world, competition is increasing in every industry. And due to the increased competition, the hiring process is done quickly where most companies forget the most vital area to verify, i.e., background check of the respective Human Capital. Online background checking ensures a company gets the right talent at low risk.
Why run a background check before hiring employees?
To run a background check on human capital before hiring them is highly important. How? An online background check is quick, hassle-free, and forecasts the future of the team and talent.
The expectations of every company are higher in today’s work-oriented era. And so, it is genuine for every company to expect that every individual of the company shall adjust to the working environment and work with complete compassion.
Moreover, the online background checking process helps companies pinpoint the records of the hired talent. With the help of online hiring, the company also comes to know where that person will be the right fit. Thus, a company that carries out a proper background check can improve the skills of the hired talent accordingly.
What is the need for background checking?
Background check services are essential as they can minimize the potential risk in any company. The main motive to run a background check is to check whether a candidate is qualified or not. Furthermore, this process helps to shortlist many applicants for the same position in a company.
As a responsible employer, you would indeed not compromise your workplace. Moreover, an employer surely wants to eliminate risking the company’s profit by just hiring one potentially wrong candidate. Therefore, going for online background checking is the best approach for the company.
Run a background check and get assurances that a potential new hire is never convicted or found guilty in the past because any hidden past track record of new hires could potentially harm the business. In addition, this could add-on to the safety hazard for clients and other employees.
Here are the reasons for when to conduct online background checks:
- Online background checking can be done either three times: before, during, or after the interview process.
- Running a background check can reduce the chances of fraud by doing the proper screening. For example, with the help of a background check, a company can verify whether a candidate is presenting false information about their educational background.
- New hire’s work experiences can also be easily cross-verified with the help of online background checking.
- You can opt for online background checking when you are bothered to improve the quality of hires, not the number of hires.
- Professionals do an online background check service, which results in hiring top talent quickly and without hassle.
Top 4 benefits of an online background checking service
Below are the benefits of conducting background checks for employment
- As a budding or well-established company, you know about the employee’s prior work experience. This will directly make the hiring process easier.
- Once you are done with the background check of the new hire, you need not carry forward any future liability of the employee. Because the background check ensures the candidate has a perfect and clean record.
- Proper online background checking ensures a healthy workplace, as this process will improve the overall quality of the employees.
- A complete background check is highly beneficial as it protects the company’s reputation by eliminating fake educational qualifications.
How can background checks be done online?
While it is pretty easy to conduct an online background check, the entire process must be screened and governed by specific rules and laws. Online background checking can either be done with the help of an agency or by using the free background check tools available online.
The actual process of running an online background check calls for specific protocols and procedures to be followed. Some of the most important protocols are as follows:
- The company that conducts online background checking should have a well-documented and consistent background verification policy.
- The company should also ensure the availability of legal advice for new hires.
- While the company runs a background check, the candidates must be given a chance to provide a logical explanation for any sorts of misunderstandings and mistakes.
- Online background checking services must be FCRA compliant. FCRA means cohering to the requirements set forth by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Once a company opts for an online background check, it requires the potential candidate to be notified on time.
- The company also has to comply with any requests made on behalf of new hires. This can be done by giving new hires the option to request information to learn more, etc.
What are the 3 best online background checking services?
Looking for top 3 online background checking services; well, the same is mentioned below.
Background Reports is one of the easiest and most popular online services offering a DIY option for people to conduct the entire background check process.
This service is designed inclusively, allowing the job candidate to view results, provide feedback, and discuss and explain them if needed.
GoodHire offers a simple to use online portal for business/company owners looking for pre-employment screening services. This background check service is recognized for its easy-to-use user interface and excellent customer service.
GoodHire provides background screening services that are highly helpful for employers to build teams based on mutual trust, safety, and fairness. The firm makes background checks instant and easy with the help of leading HR tools for a seamless hiring workflow.
Checkr is one of the most popular and go-to-choice of many technology companies. Checkr is an automated and mobile-friendly platform that offers 24*7 services for any background checking.
It is the best background check site for employers. How? Because you can bulk-invite candidates and legalize the background all in one easy-to-use interface.
All in all, Online Background Check Services are reliable and affordable. With the help of online background checking, company management can make practical hiring decisions. It is a mandatory part of the employment process which assists companies in hiring the correct candidate for the job.