Let see how to take the SMS backup on your iPhone Device. This steps will work on IOS 12 also.
1. Backup SMS on iPhone with iTunes or iCloud
The most common way to back up texts on iPhone is to use Apple’s official services – iCloud and iTunes. This part of the article will explain how to make iOS backup messages to iTunes or iCloud.
Backing Up iPhone SMS with iTunes
To back up your iPhone’s messages with iTunes, you will need to have already installed the iTunes software on your computer and open it.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes and enter your passcode on your device if asked.
- Your device will appear on iTunes. Click the icon of your device.
- Choose Summary > Backups and then click Back Up Now to start the process.
- Wait for the process to complete.
To confirm whether the process is done, check the Summary screen for the date and time of the Latest Backup.
Create iPhone SMS Backup with iCloud
To do SMS backup on iPhone with iCloud, the first thing you will need to do is connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Toggle on iCloud Backup and tap Back Up Now to start the backup process.
- Wait for your device to complete the process.
To confirm whether the backup process is done, check the name of Last successful backup which is under Back Up Now.
Backing Up with iCloud Automatically.
Instead of backing up manually, you can set your iPhone to back up messages automatically with iCloud. Follow these simple steps to go about this:
- Turn on iCloud Backup by going to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Then once you connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and to a power source and close your iPhone screen, then iCloud will back up your SMS on iPhone by itself.
Remember to ensure you have enough space in iCloud for the backup. If the iCloud space is not enough, the backup will fail. Jihosoft Android Data Recovery: the best Android Data Recovery software for Windows and Mac to recover deleted contacts, messages, photos, videos, WhatsApp and etc from Android devices.
Gihosoft Android data recovery Free is a super awesome software specialized in Android file recovery. With this program, you are able to recover deleted photos, music, videos, messages, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp messages, Viber chat history and more from Samsung, Huawei, LG, HTC, Motorola, Google, Oneplus, Sony, Lenovo, ZTE and other Android devices directly. Meanwhile, this Android data recovery software is available for both Windows and Mac platforms.For now, check:Free iTunes/iPhone Backup Extractor for iPhone, iPad.
Shortcomings of iTunes and iCloud
Although iTunes and iCloud help back up your iPhone’s messages, they come with several disadvantages.
- The first downside is that you have to back up all your data to store your messages safely. This uses up a lot of space as you will have to store data that you necessarily do not need.
- To make matters worse, iCloud only offers 5GB of free space. Therefore, if you need extra space, you will have to pay for it.
- Additionally, you cannot access your SMS with iCloud or iTunes unless you restore the backup. Restoring, on its part, overwrites the current data on your device.
- Lastly, you are likely to incur many errors when backing up your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes. For example iTunes’ Back Up Now button is greyed out.If you lose any data on iPhone/iPad, Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery is a good choice to help you easily get back lost/deleted data, including important messages, contacts, voicemails and so on.
Interacting with backed up messages
- You can open the SMS text messages directly on your PC. To see your iPhone SMS text messages on your computer, simply double-click on the corresponding file.
- The browser or Word will show you the conversation exactly as it is on the iPhone.
Restore messages to iPhone.
- If you’d like to restore just messages from a backup, use CopyTrans Shelbee Custom restore option.Restore messages only.
Vipin is a Programmer who loves blogging and used to do research on new things. He loves to share those information through this blog. You can contact him via email [email protected]