Microsoft World is a go-to application for creating documents, whether for personal or professional use. However, while the basic features like font styles and sizes of Microsoft Word are well-known, a range of them is overlooked. One impactful and very usable feature is ‘Altering/ Changing Page Color.’
Microsoft Word allows users to change the page color and enhance the overall visual appearance of the document. Changing the Page Color can make the document appealing and engaging and look more professional. Whether you want to create a standout report, prepare a vibrant presentation, or want to add a touch of your creativity, this feature will help you everywhere.
Altering the Page Color in Microsoft World can have a significant impact. However, new users, or even old users, might unfamiliar with this feature and are confused about How to use it?
Join us in this article as we explore the Step-By-Step Guide on ‘How to Change the Page Color in Microsoft Word’? By using this special feature called ‘Page Color,’ you can now transform the look of your document to the next level of creativity. So, if you are tired of the default white background in Microsoft Word, ensure you continue reading till the end.
More About Microsoft Word’s Page Color Feature
The Page Color feature in Microsoft Word allows users to change/ alter the background color of their document. Usually, when you use Microsoft Word, the background color is plain White. However, users can create a specific ambiance and add visual interest using the Page Color feature. This feature is ideal for designing or creating invitations, flyers, brochures, branding guidelines, or more visually-oriented work.
How to Change the Page Color in Microsoft Word? Step-By-Step Guide
For some extra visual interest in your Microsoft Word document, here’s all you need to do:
- First, open the Microsoft Word document for which you want to change the Page Color.
- Now, on the top option layout, navigate to Design and click on Page Color on the top right side of the screen.
- Here, you can choose a desired Page Color for your Microsoft Document from either Theme or Standard Color. For more color options, click More Colors and choose from Standard and Custom Sections accordingly.
- Further click on Fill Effects to select options/ alternations like Gradient, Texture, Pattern, or Picture.
- Launch the Word document on your Mac.
- From the tool options at the top, click Design and select Page Color.
- Select a color from the list to set as the Word document background color.
- Click More Colors to find more color variants and select a color to change the document background.
NOTE: Gradients and Patterns are saved as PNG files, whereas Textures are saved as JPEG files.
How to Remove Page Color/ Background Color in Microsoft Document?
If you are not satisfied with how your colorful Microsoft Document is looking, you can remove the Page Color. Doing so is pretty straightforward. Here is how you can remove the Page Color:
- On your Microsoft Word Document, navigate to Design -> Page Color and click the option No Color. It will instantly remove the Background Color from the document.
- Open the Word document on the Mac.
- Then click on Design from the top toolbar and click on the Page Color option.
- Click No color to remove or change the document background color.
How to Add Background Color for a Single Page in Microsoft Word?
While you use the Page Color feature in Microsoft Word will change the background color for the entire document; it is either an or Nothing setting. Unfortunately, if you want to change color for a particular section or page in the document, Word doesn’t offer any dedicated feature. However, with a simple trick below, you can add Background Color on single or multiple Word pages as needed.
- On your Word Document, navigate to the option Insert from the top menu on the Page.
- Now open the drop-down menu for Shapes and select a Rectangular figure. You can size the Rectangular figure on the Word Document accordingly.
- Now, from the top menu, navigate to Shape Format, open the Shape Fill drop-down menu in the Shape Styles group, and select a desirable color.
- Next, in the selected rectangle, select the Send Backward option from the Arrange group and select Send Text Backward to complete the process. You can even alter the Shape Outline and Shape effect. It also allows users to add different pages with unique colors in one Microsoft Word Document.
Note: When you try to print a Word document with the background changed and fail to print, you can click the File tab and select Display in the left pane. Make sure the Print Background Colors and Images option is checked in the Printing Options section.
How to Change Word Document Background Color on Mobile
- 1Open the Word document on your smartphone and click on the Plus Icon from the top side of the screen.
- Click on Blank document from the next screen and click on the Edit icon (icon with letter “A” and pen).
- Now click on the Home option at the bottom of the screen and select Insert.
- From the drop-down screen, select Shapes and expand to fit the screen by selecting Rectangle.
- Next, click the Fill icon at the bottom of the screen and select a color from the list.
- Then select the Wrap Text option and select Behind Text.
- Finally, click on Home and start writing.
Changing the Page Color in Microsoft Word can enhance your document’s overall look and appeal. However, it is better to incorporate vibrant background colors, especially if the document is for some kind of presentation or other visual reference.
We hope the article above has cleared all your doubts on ‘How to Change the Page Color in Microsoft Word’. The process is easy, and even a novice can do it.