Want to activate Paramount Plus on Samsung TV? Well, it’s a cakewalk.
Owned by Paramount Global, Paramount+ is home to entertainment with more than 30,000 movies and television shows. Founded on 4 March 2021, Paramount+ was formerly known as CBS All Access. This online streaming service offers a wide range of content, including movies, TV shows, news, and exclusive original programming. The best part about using Paramount+ is that you can activate it on your Samsung TV and enjoy uninterrupted content.
Join us in this article as we walk you through the easy steps of activating Paramount+ on Samsung TV. Whether you’re tech-savvy or not, you will be able to make it through this process in a breeze. Stick to the article till the end to get additional information and guidance.
How to Install Paramount Plus on Samsung TV?
Before activating Paramount+ on Samsung TV, make sure you have the streaming service installed on your device. If not, here’s how you can do the same:
Step 1: On your Samsung TV, using your Samsung remote, navigate to Apps.
Step 2: Now locate and click on the Search Icon (on your Samsung TV), type Paramount Plus (using the remote) and find the relevant option.
Step 3: Further, select the Paramount Plus app and then Download and install it.
How to Activate Paramount+ on Samsung TV?
Step 1: On your Samsung TV, launch the Paramount Plus app and select Sign In -> On My TV.
Step 2: Now, when subscribing to Paramount Plus, use your Email Address and Password and Sign In.
The above steps were for activating Paramount+ on Samsung TV on the TV.
However, if you want to activate Paramount Plus directly on the web, here’s all that you need to do:
- On your Samsung TV, launch the Paramount+ app and select Sign In -> On the Web. Here, you will see a website and a code; make sure you note it down or copy it on the notepad. Do not miss these steps, as it will help further with the activation process.
- Now visit paramountplus.com/intl/ (from a laptop or computer), enter the code you got at the last step, and select Activate. You may need to sign in to the Paramount Plus on your device if not already.
- Lastly, allow the screen to refresh and enjoy Paramount+ on your Samsung TV. (If asked to choose a Subscription Plan, do so and complete the payment).
PLEASE NOTE: The Tizen operating system (2017 models and newer) is the only model/version of Samsung TV supported by Paramount Plus.
How to Use Paramount Plus on Samsung TV?
Using Paramount Plus on Samsung TV is a very simple and straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide for the same:
Step 1: Firstly, make sure your Samsung TV and your smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Doing so is important to ensure that both devices can communicate with each other seamlessly without any interruption. In simpler words, connecting both devices on the same Wi-Fi ensures a better viewing experience.
Step 2: Now, on your smartphone, launch the Paramount Plus app and make sure you are logged in. If not, Sign in to your Paramount+ account to access your content.
Step 3: Now, on the Paramount Plus app, go to the Playback screen and tap on Cast Icon.
Step 4: Open the drop-down menu, and from the list of devices, select Samsung TV (or other device on which you want to stream using Paramount+).
Step 5: Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy watching your Paramount+ content.
Can I Use Paramount Plus On My Old Samsung TV?
Paramount Plus is only supported by the Tizen operating system (2017 models or later version). Not all Samsung TV models, especially the older ones, support Paramount+. However, the good news is that you can still use Paramount+ on your old Samsung TV. Here’s how:
1: Use a Streaming Device
If your older Samsung TV does not support Paramount Plus, you can still watch it by using a streaming device. Popular streaming devices like Roku stick, Amazon Firestick, Apple TV, or Google Chromecast offer Paramount Plus.
If you already own one of these streaming devices, simply connect them to your Samsung TV’s HDMI port. Further, turn on the streaming device and change your TV’s input source to the HDMI cable connected to the streaming device.
Finally, you can watch your favourite shows and movies on Paramount Plus through the streaming device.
2: Sync Your Device to the Samsung TV
Another solution suggests that if you don’t have a streaming device, there’s no need to purchase one. Instead, you can use screen sharing to send content from your mobile device or computer to your Samsung TV while using the Paramount Plus app.
Both wired HDMI connections and wireless screen sharing are supported. This way, you can mirror your mobile device or computer screen to your Samsung TV, allowing you to watch Paramount Plus content on the larger screen without needing an external streaming device.
These options should help you enjoy Paramount Plus on your older Samsung TV, even if it doesn’t natively support the app.
What Can You Do if Paramount Plus Won’t Install on Your Samsung TV?
If you’re facing issues with Paramount Plus installation on your Samsung TV, here are some troubleshooting steps:
Try a cold boot: Restart your TV by pressing and holding the power button on the remote for 5-10 seconds while the TV is on. This can resolve installation problems. Then search for the Paramount+ app in your device’s library, look for the app and see if you can download and install it without any issues.
Note: If a cold boot don’t work, there could be various factors causing the problem:
- Incompatibility issues with your TV.
- Corrupted cache files affecting app installation.
- Insufficient available storage space on your TV.
- Problems with the TV’s smart hub.
- An outdated version of the Tizen operating system.
- Incorrect date and time settings on your TV.
- Server issues or malfunctions.
Consider resolving the above issue (rule out each of them one after another) to install Paramount Plus on your Samsung TV without any hassle.
How to Update the Paramount Plus app to its latest version?
For updating Paramount Plus app to its latest version, here’s a quick solution:
- Firstly, open Samsung TV, then select the Smart Hub option and go to Samsung Apps section.
- Then under My Apps section, find Paramount Plus and press Enter button on your remote control until a dialog box appears on the screen.
- Once appeared, tap on Update Apps option and select Paramount Plus to check and begin the update process
- Samsung Smart TVs automatically check to ensure that users are running on the latest TV software and app versions.
How to Switch Subscription Plan for Paramount+ on your Samsung TV?
If you have activated Paramount Plus on your Samsung TV and now want to switch the Subscription Plan, here’s how you can do that:
- Visit paramountplus.com and navigate to your Profile.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, either select Account or directly visit paramountplus.com/account.
- Here, select Change Your Plan, choose the new plan, and proceed with the on-screen instructions further.
How to Cancel Paramount Plus Subscription?
- If you want to cancel your Paramount+ subscription, here are some of the steps you need to follow:
- Visit paramountplus.com, and on the top right corner, click on your Profile/ user initials.
- Now click on Account and then select the option Cancel subscription.
Activating Paramount Plus on your Samsung TV is a quick and easy task, and this was all about it. We hope the steps explained above will help you get through the process within no time.