Gone are the days when video games were just everyone’s favorite hobby or pastime. With the advancements in technology, companies have been developing and releasing new and advanced games. In today’s world, gaming has become an indispensable and compulsive part of our lives.
Today there are games for people of all age groups, people with varied interests and preferences. Gaming has elevated from a pastime activity to a profession to many avid gamers. We have seen a rise in the number of people making a living developing, testing, and playing video or online games.
This rise in the gaming industry has been made possible because of the evolution of new games and gaming equipment. Companies like Microsoft, Sony, Logitech are constantly releasing new and innovative games, gaming gear, and equipment.
Xbox from Microsoft and Playstation from Sony are amongst the top video game consoles of the current times. In this article, we will be discussing in detail the latest releases from both brands.
What is the Xbox X series?
Xbox is a video game console developed by Xbox Game studios of Microsoft. Initially launched in 2000, Xbox has released new variants of the console over the years. The Xbox series X is the latest version of the video game console. According to Microsoft, the Xbox series X is the fastest and the most powerful Xbox ever.
What is the PlayStation 5?
Playstation is the home gaming console from Sony Interactive Entertainment. Launched in 1994, the latest version of this gaming console is the Playstation 5. The revolutionary design and the re-designed user interface are some of the notable features of the Playstation 5. The gaming console has an impressive game collection.
Comparison between Xbox X series and PlayStation 5
Now that we have discussed the new Xbox series X and the Playstation 5, it’s time to compare the technical features of both consoles. From their specification to the pros and cons of each model, we will cover everything that you should know.
Here’s a table depicting the specifications of the gaming consoles of the Xbox X series and the PS5 controller.
|Xbox X series
|Zen 2 CPU with 8x Cores @ 3.8 GHz, Custom
|Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz
|RDNA 2 12.0 TFLOPs, 52 CUs @ 1.825 GHz
|RDNA 2 GPU 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz
|1TB Custom NVME SSD
|USB 3.2 External HDD Support
|USB HDD support
|1TB Expansion Card
|NVMe SSD slot
|16 GB GDDR6 320-bit
|16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
10GB @ 560 GB/s
6GB @ 336 GB/s
Now that we have covered the technical specifications of both the gaming consoles, here are the top features of the Xbox series X and PlayStation 5.
Features of the new Xbox X series
- The Xbox series X console has a sleek (syn) design that does not produce any noise or heat waves during operations.
- The console for the Xbox X has multiple USB 3.1 Type-A ports with one HDMI 2.1 port and a Blu-ray disc drive.
- The power-packed performance of the Xbox series X backs up with a 12 teraflops graphics power. It can offer up to 120 fps on a compatible TV.
- It also has an outstanding backward compatibility feature. It means you can install and smoothly run any game.
- There is also an easy-to-navigate dashboard with the Xbox series X. The UI has also been made customizable for their users.
Features of the Playstation 5
- The Playstation 5 console has a super-high-speed SSD with a capacity of 825 GB. It allows lightning-fast loading of all your games.
- The games included in the PS5 Plus collection is impressive. Marvel’s Spider-Man, Horizon Forbidden West, and Gran Turismo 7 are some of the games included.
- The PS5 controller has immersive haptic feedback and dynamic adaptive triggers. It also has a built-in microphone.
- The new PlayStation 5 offers the ultimate 4K experience with the support of a 4K TV. Enjoy streaming from your favorite apps with PS5.
- The HDR technology displays vibrant and lifelike colors. 8K display is made compatible with the new PlayStation 5 console.
Pros and Cons of the Xbox X series console
Here are some of the notable pros and cons of the new Xbox X series.
- The Xbox X series has a sleek and stylish design.
- The console, with its super-fast loading time, is powerful.
- The new Xbox X has impressive backward compatibility.
- The Xbox console for the X series runs very quietly.
- A built-in Blue Ray player available in the Xbox X.
- The console for the Xbox X series is heavy and bulky.
- The number of new games included in the Xbox is pretty low.
- A compatible TV is a must for a complete visual treat.
Pros and Cons of the Playstation 5 console
These are some pros and cons of the PlayStation 5 that you should know.
- 4K visuals thanks to the 4K Blue-Ray Optical drive.
- Majestic games collection that has a great value.
- Music integration with Spotify and stream from your favorite apps.
- Innovative Dualsense PS5 controller haptics feedback included.
- Enjoy your games in a 120 fps clarity with 120 Hz output.
- Easily create and share screenshots and videos from your gameplay.
- The controller is bulky and might to hard to handle.
- The Playstation 5 has limited backward compatibility.
- There is a lack of Dolby Vision or Atoms in the PS5.
- The storage of the Playstation 5 can fill up much faster.
We hope this article helped you understand the differences between the Xbox series X and the Playstation 5. We have compared the two models on a large set of features that will help you understand the pros and cons of each model. We are sure that this information has helped you in making a clear distinction on which controller to buy.