Looking to install the Torque app on your android device to start diagnostics of your Car? Here we have a few words for you. You may already notice that Torque Lite and Torque Pro are the most used ODB2 engine diagnostic apps for Android.
So we will tell you which one you need to choose from, Torque Pro or Torque Lite. Before going into detail, we need to tell you that Torque Lite is the free version, and the Torque Pro is the paid version with common features.
Whats is Torque App all about?
Torque Pro and Lite are the two most downloaded apps from Playstore for monitoring Car’s Engine. The app can read and reset the codes with the Engine Control Unit (ECU) and monitors the sensor reading of the car engine.
The app largely helps monitor those data from the smartphone and can be used for all the diagnostics. In addition, the data can be stored locally and shared with your mechanic so that it helps to diagnose and fix the issues related to the engine early and easily.
Features of Torque Pro
Some of the main features of the Torque App are as follows.
- Since it can read and clear the ODB2 codes, it will help you track changes in your can engine since it has many fault code records.
- It can read and monitor Dynomometer Horsepower and Torque.
- It can read engine Temperature.
- It can record how much time your can engine took to reach a speed from 0 to 60.
- It can track your journey and can record and share GPS data.
- It is also able to record CO2 Emission details.
- Turbo boost feature for the supported devices.
- Alarm and warning while detecting abnormality.
Torque Pro or Torque Lite? Which one to prefer?
As mentioned above, Torque Lite is the free version, and Pro is the paid version. The only intention in releasing Torque Lite is for testing. It only gives the users an overall experience of the app. It will tell how the data is monitored and how you can use them.
It won’t offer all the features mentioned above. To experience all the features, you need to purchase Torque Pro. So what we recommend is to try the app using the Torque Lite, and if found fit for your use and expectation, you can move forward to purchase the Pro version of the Torque App.
Also, note that many users comment that the Torque Lite version has several bugs too. So, keep that too in mind while using the free version of Torque Pro.